Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Numismatic Society 163rd Annual Meeting Tomorrow

JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow, October 24, 2020, at 3pm (ET), the American Numismatic Society (ANS) will hold its 163rd Annual Meeting. It is free and open to all via YouTube. Click here for a link to the page.

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
American Numismatic Society
New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2020 5:34PM

You might get more interest on the World Forum.

I've always thought that ANS has this meeting at 3:00 PM on a Saturday as a way to limit attendance of the hoi polloi (much like corporations have their annual meetings in out of the way places). Now that the meeting is virtual, you would think that they could have chosen a day/time when potential attendees might be at home in front of their computer. Tradition dies hard, I guess.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why any interest? He supplied all you need to know. Why reply, either you attend or you don't. He can put it in the world too.🙂

Ken
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

163 years is pretty amazing

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    You might get more interest on the World Forum.

I've always thought that ANS has this meeting at 3:00 PM on a Saturday as a way to limit attendance of the hoi polloi (much like corporations have their annual meetings in out of the way places). Now that the meeting is virtual, you would think that they could have chosen a day/time when potential attendees might be at home in front of their computer. Tradition dies hard, I guess.

Perhaps. Though I am trying to broaden our appeal to the US collectors that the ANS had ignored for the past 20 years.
    3pm on a Saturday being a difficult time? Should we have made it for 10am on a Monday when everyone is at work?

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file