Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My shopping list...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 21, 2020 11:59AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Yes, lol. This is my list before I headed out to my favorite B+M. Unluckily or luckily, they were closed today for some reason? I know what you guys are thinking. You're saying, "yeah, right!" I do realize I sometimes can have too high of expectations. Lol. Well, the way I figure it, if I was able to check at least one off my list it would be very profitable. I have to admit, I get most of my ideas from the forum. Also, on YouTube. Some are really unrealistic and far fetched but one can dream, right? I'm really interested in the story concerning the Frith Jefferson nickel. If you guys remember when I found all those 1942d over Horizontal d's? 5 of them at my favorite B+M. Remember how many rolls she had when I got to go through them? About 10 rolls! So, I'm thinking, you never know? How 'bout you guys? Do you make a similar list before you head out to your B+M? Thanks guys. I try tomorrow. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never write a list.

• Options

If I did so happen to find it at that particular shop. I most certainly would tell the owner. I promised her if I did find anything BIG, I would tell her. ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

I write lists. I get to go to an actual shop so infrequently that I need to have options when I get there. I’ll pick out a few dates/grades/varieties and also a range In willing to pay.
    I’ll make tiers based on how much I have to spend and prioritize based on that. Ask about the highest priority first, then go down the line. It helps me not just buy the first shiny thing I see when I walk through the door.

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately no B & M close to me. Majority of my buying is from a couple trusted friends ( you know who you are ) GC, eBay, shows and for the 1st time last night....Heritage. Registry app on my phone comes in handy. As for raw, Yup, have a list with year, mm, grade and price ( ballpark )

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    I never write a list.

:)

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread got me thinking. When you go to a show, what is your strategy for buying ? Do you look for a specific coin ( say your one you would really like to find ) until you find one, complete the deal then go to your next highest priority coin, going back thru the dealers again ? Or, list in hand search for several different coin types at every dealer ?

• Options
    edited October 21, 2020 7:50PM

Can one of the elusive Frith Nickels be in one of these rolls? 1942d 11 rolls. Possibly even in a couple of those silver 42p and 42s rolls? One could of easily been placed in there by mistake? We shall see.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whether LCS, coin show or internet browsing I keep a list. My list is short so more list in head than list in hand. Here is my current CC Morgan list and upgrade plan. I will probably run out of money, life or both before I reach this goal but in the meantime, something occupy the long daze at home:

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    I never write a list.

I do sometimes depending what I'm after

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not bring a list.... When I went to coin shows, I knew what I was looking for... I also would look at coins I might want.... Always spent hours at shows. Frequently ended up with coins I was not seeking, and none that I was searching for. :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

A shopping list makes sense if you're putting together one or more sets by date and mintmark unless you have a really good memory.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file