Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wacky Packages

2»

Comments

• Options

Haven't posted on here in a while. Here's some nice Wackys that I have acquired in recent (or not-so recent) history.

• Options

• Options

Could this score a 10? I think so.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NationalSpittoon said:

It’s certainly a beauty. But the T/B centering seems more like 60/40, I think it would probably end up as a very nice 9.

• Options

@PaulMaul said:

@NationalSpittoon said:

It’s certainly a beauty. But the T/B centering seems more like 60/40, I think it would probably end up as a very nice 9.

Okay, thanks for the input. I have four other 12ths that I think would grade well, but unfortunately centering is an issue on all but this and Killette. I really don't even want to submit for a 9 with the current prices.

I'll have to scan the others and put them here.

• Options

Have you seen the Mustard Charge 9 on eBay? If that centering gets a 9, then for sure that Flare should get a 10!

• Options

Centering alone would dock this one points, and I suspect that it would get an 8.

• Options

This one is centered very well. Still very slightly off L/R, but I think it's good enough for at least a 9 or possibly a 10.

• Options

The centering on this would likely make it an 8.

• Options

I would love for this to be a 9, but I think the centering would (once again) make it an 8.

• Options

They are all spectacular. Whenever there is an affordable submission rate they should all be sent in. Something like the Mr. Mean could easily get a 9. You are assessing the centering correctly, but some graders will just see a centered image and give it a 9, ignoring the copyright.

• Options

@PaulMaul said:
    They are all spectacular. Whenever there is an affordable submission rate they should all be sent in. Something like the Mr. Mean could easily get a 9. You are assessing the centering correctly, but some graders will just see a centered image and give it a 9, ignoring the copyright.

Right? I also had a couple other titles like this in my 12th that I didn't keep because of centering or some other issue. I remember Weak Germ and Hav-A-Temper specifically. I kept these when I sold my 1-16 because I thought they would grade well. No roller marks, sharp corners, and at least decent centering.

• Options

This one should have also received a 9. I don't know why they gave it an 8.

And, this should have gotten a 10. I assume they called the image OC, when in reality the centering looks perfect including the copyright. I apologize for the lack of the dark background, I haven't gotten a new scan of this one yet.

• Options

The Sootball is perfectly centered, but they can find lots of reasons not to give a 10. I never, ever submitted a card with expectations of a 10, I always viewed it as a pleasant surprise.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

They are giving no wackies 10's these days. 9's are miracles.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

That is rich considering a lot of the 10's that I see are diamond cut. I just bought one that ended up being diamond cut, and I don't think it's a super old grade. I might be mistaken though.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

You are likely correct. I am seeing new 7's and 8's that look better than some old 10's.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

Very true. I'm hoping someone submits a nice looking Shot Wheels and Muleburro that get 8's...

those two are driving me up a friggin wall

And when will they delineate between puzzles and their corresponding cards???? I love how they blatantly ignore my email about that.

• Options

Also, here's a better scan of the Sootball. The small scratches that appear on the top part of the black border are on the case, not the card.

• Options

I'm still trying to figure out how this Choke Wagon even exists. It's centered, but also miscut in so many ways...

Maybe the person that I bought it from cut up a sheet? I sure hope not...

• Options

I would say that I wish it was glossy, but I shouldn't swear away the centering on this tough title...

• Options

• Options

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading this thread brought back so many memories of all those Wackys I collected in the early 70's! The one posted is not mine, just one of my favorites. I remember having a bunch of doubles of that one!