Home U.S. Coin Forum

After all, there is one!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 20, 2020 10:14AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's, many of you guys here know my story concerning my Dad's Dollars. I always told everyone that by my father engraving these Silver dollars for us kids when we were born, that at least he didn't destroy a prominent coin. Lol. Well, It just crossed my mind, that HE DID! Lol. My young sister's. She went to be with the Lord when she was only 2, in 1966.
It's even stated on the slab, 1878 " 8 TF". They listed it at a price of $125. I don't know why PCGS listed at that price when it's a Detailed determined coin? Anyway, who knows at the time what condition it was in before my father took a knife to it? Lol. Mind you, I am not really concerned about it because of the fantastic gesture my Dad did for us but I'm just saying. After all, my kid sister deserves to have the most valuable dollar out of the 5 coins. Lol. Thanks Dad! <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were mine ... I would cherish them.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand how "they" listed it at $125. Can you help me out?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a family treasure.... No value can be assigned by the family, it is priceless. Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool indeed. :)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    I don't understand how "they" listed it at $125. Can you help me out?

Lol. I'll try? Well, when you purchase the True View aspect in the PCGS submission, they give you the value of each coin below the TV picture of that coin. Now, towards why they give that value, this part I also am stumped. Lol Esp. when the coin is a " detailed "? I think, they don't look at the coin being a Detailed? I think this is the value of every coin's value in a certain grade? Meaning I think they're disregarding my "detail grade " and giving me a price for that coin in what grade they think it would be without the detail? I hope I didn't confuse you? Lol. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

memories are forever in this case

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file