Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The 20XF, 2020W end of world war 2 silver eagle

My question is how can a company be having a pre-sale on eBay for these coins with 50 available when they're supposed to be only one per household sold on November 5th ? Selling for over $800. Is this what happened last year when I got screwed out of the 19XE? Don't screw me again US Mint

Comments

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Juanmotime707 said:
    My question is how can a company be having a pre-sale on eBay for these coins with 50 available when they're supposed to be only one per household sold on November 5th ? Selling for over $800. Is this what happened last year when I got screwed out of the 19XE? Don't screw me again US Mint

Everybody in the company orders their 1 coin and they have people buy the coins for them who have no interest in the issue.

If you aren't fast and lucky you want get one. Just look at what happened with the 2020-S Proof Eagle.

• Options

I thought it was something like that. I got the 2020s because I'm enrolled. I enrolled in the 2020w so maybe I'll get this coin, because my father was in the war. Fingers crossed.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• Options
    SenateSaloonSenateSaloon Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

That price is way too steep. Prices might start there, but with 75k available they won’t stay that high. My guess is that you’ll be able to buy one for under $300 within 6 months of release. Most people with a decent internet connection and a lot of patience on November 5th should be able to get one. You’ll just have to wait out the gold frenzy. Good luck to all who try.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020 11:47PM

Everybody will be trying to get this coin from the mint. An instant profit or a cherished keepsake. Fair system. First come, first served. Good luck!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checked my schedule....I will be home that day, so will be waiting at the keyboard. Beats trying to get through by phone...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2020 5:41AM

@ricko said:
    [...] Beats trying to get through by phone [...]

@ricko,

From the US Mint website on 10/20/20:
    "Phone ordering currently disabled: Due to operational adjustments in response to COVID-19, our customer service representatives are available to assist with any questions you may have, but are unable to accept credit card information or place your order over the phone. Please use our website for all order placements at this time."

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/faqs/
    (FAQs -> Most Popular Questions -> COVID-19 Updates from the United States Mint)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD .... Well there it is.... If I were working or out somewhere, I would be totally shut out. :o Thanks for pointing that out. So now I will definitely be in hot keyboard competition with 150,000 other customers at 12:00 noon on Nov. 5th... Yikes... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

I was able to get one of these, and also got a medal yesterday also.

• Options

Also me being a smartass, I emailed a person on Ebay about how can you have so many V75s for sale when I fought on the computer for an hour. Didn't say I got one. His reply, it's a trade secret. HAHA

• Options
    foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@Juanmotime707 said:
    Also me being a smartass, I emailed a person on Ebay about how can you have so many V75s for sale when I fought on the computer for an hour. Didn't say I got one. His reply, it's a trade secret. HAHA

Tbf this is one of the roles served by large buyers here, other boards, and those sites everyone advertises before the big day. They act as trusted flip conduits for individuals who want to lock in profits or don't want to deal with the risks of Ebay. Some Ebay buyers just get the same BST coins with markup.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody could get 100 of these...you just have to want to pay a premium. There is nothing nefarious about putting out a bid to buy these on the secondary market.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file