Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone Notice the USPS rate increase starting today?

Apparently starting today all first class packages have gone up by 25 cents across the board. I was not aware of this. This supposed to be temporary until Dec 27th. I don't know if I believe that.

Matt

Comments

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah just did a few Packages through PayPal and was wondering why they had gone up!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I wouldnt mind the increase if they actually increased the performance. Have had more packages lost or delayed this year than in the last 20 combined. Sure, blame covid, but that excuse gets old

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent out 2 first class packages today and there was no increase.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

FedEx and UPS both have tacked on a$1 to $5 surcharge on packages for the holiday season which apparently started today. The increase is based on how much shipping you did with them throughout the year vs. the holiday season.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    This is absolute BS! I have held my tongue long enough about price increases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a slap in the face to loyal USPS customers! $0.25 more for each package is an absolute joke! We as a USPS community must protest this price increase! We cannot and must not let this slide! Please call, and email USPS and denounce this price increase! We must stand together! We must be one in solidarity!

How come i didn't get the memo? Where did they post this? Did they give any warning???

Well I'm very disappointed to say the least. I got into shipping 2 years ago, I really enjoyed the process. Even though I always thought the length of time it took to ship a package was too long, i was always happy when I finally received one. I got pretty good at shipping myself. I will not ship with FedEx or UPS, because I believe USPS is the gold standard. Most likely i will be leaving the shipping game, unless USPS accommodates me. It was a fun couple years; I learned so much about shipping. But box manufacturers and USPS have gotten greedy! Making money hand over fist is not good enough for them! Greed ruined shipping in the late 70s/early 80s and it looks like its heading that way again. So long.

I will discuss this with USPS. So to the vocal minority that spew venom against me, for speaking my mind. I forgive you for you know not what you do. But to those who feel the same as me, those who are afraid to speak up for fear of ridicule, for those without a voice, i speak for you!

i completely agree!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@LarkinCollector said:
    This is absolute BS! I have held my tongue long enough about price increases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a slap in the face to loyal USPS customers! $0.25 more for each package is an absolute joke! We as a USPS community must protest this price increase! We cannot and must not let this slide! Please call, and email USPS and denounce this price increase! We must stand together! We must be one in solidarity!

How come i didn't get the memo? Where did they post this? Did they give any warning???

Well I'm very disappointed to say the least. I got into shipping 2 years ago, I really enjoyed the process. Even though I always thought the length of time it took to ship a package was too long, i was always happy when I finally received one. I got pretty good at shipping myself. I will not ship with FedEx or UPS, because I believe USPS is the gold standard. Most likely i will be leaving the shipping game, unless USPS accommodates me. It was a fun couple years; I learned so much about shipping. But box manufacturers and USPS have gotten greedy! Making money hand over fist is not good enough for them! Greed ruined shipping in the late 70s/early 80s and it looks like its heading that way again. So long.

I will discuss this with USPS. So to the vocal minority that spew venom against me, for speaking my mind. I forgive you for you know not what you do. But to those who feel the same as me, those who are afraid to speak up for fear of ridicule, for those without a voice, i speak for you!

i completely agree!

Absolute bull POP TARTS I tell ya.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@blurryface said:

@LarkinCollector said:

i completely agree!

nope. i'm turning over a new leaf and sharpening my pitchfork as i type! 😉

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector

Good rant for a $0.25 price increase. On August 14, 2020 USPS filed with the Postal Regulatory Commission for a temporary price increase on it's commercial domestic market competitive volume to be in line and actually under the price increases from private sector companies like UPS and Fed-Ex . And way under the "quadruple the rate" called for by a political figure that dislikes Amazon. Commercial base pricing is a discounted rate (from Retail) offered to customers who buy and print shipping labels on line from their USPS account or through an on line postage service provider such as stamps.com, eBay, PayPal, etc. Retail and international prices are unaffected during this temporary price increase. If you print shipping labels on line through eBay you are charged the commercial rate (approximately 12% below Retail) and then eBay charges you an additional Final Value Fee on Shipping basically taking your discounted rate down to 2%. Personally, I'd just add a dollar to my asking price and not worry about it. FYI----- Postal rate increase around 1.8% coming January 24, 2021.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that it is a bummer rates are going up, but businesses and sellers dont usually pay shipping, buyers do. dont you raise shipping costs when there is a rate hike, or do you eat the cost? just wondering.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector

My apologies sir. I see your cleaver and witty sarcasm relating to your post. Kuddos.........

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@blurryface said:

@LarkinCollector said:

i completely agree!

Oh, you noticed that?

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@blurryface said:

@LarkinCollector said:

i completely agree!

Oh, you noticed that?

Now I just need the translation guide for the remainder of the "seven words" :D

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I agree that it is a bummer rates are going up, but businesses and sellers dont usually pay shipping, buyers do. dont you raise shipping costs when there is a rate hike, or do you eat the cost? just wondering.

i always provide free shipping but do kinda factor it into the price. then usually ask those normal "subliminal happy" prices like $499.99, $999.99 and so forth.

i don't for foresee me asking $500.34 which is why i plan on going full regalia with kyle once we are organized and armed.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. (shouting) You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!’

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

@3stars said:
    "I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. (shouting) You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!’

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

ehhh. luckily i just loaded up on forever stamps on saturday. i'm good. 😉

• Options

@blurryface said:

@craig44 said:

i always provide free shipping but do kinda factor it into the price. then usually ask those normal "subliminal happy" prices like $499.99, $999.99 and so forth.

i don't for foresee me asking $500.34 which is why i plan on going full regalia with kyle once we are organized and armed.

Armed is not an issue around this house, plenty for the family and some spares for guests :D Organized is a completely different discussion.

https://youtu.be/4xmckWVPRaI

• Options

you're just as twisted and i like it!

follow you anywhere*

except into a us post office during holiday season.

can we attack 2021?

• Options

@blurryface said:
    you're just as twisted and i like it!

follow you anywhere*

except into a us post office during holiday season.

can we attack 2021?

I'm planning to attack some 2021 cases of UD golf.

• Options

ud golf 2021? i had not heard...seriously?

• Options
    edited October 20, 2020 3:28PM

@blurryface said:
    ud golf 2021? i had not heard...seriously?

Three releases next year

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2021-upper-deck-artifacts-golf-cards

• Options

im down. i heard things but figured it was all but impossible due to individual contracts. all the 1st autos will be yuge!

• Options

@blurryface said:
    im down. i heard things but figured it was all but impossible due to individual contracts. all the 1st autos will be yuge!

Not sure how heavy I'll go into Artifacts, but 30 rookies in an 80 card set is promising. If JT and Kang are part of what's considered "rookies", I'll be much less interested since they both already have major release issues in Goodwin/A&G w/autos, mem, parallels. Morikawa and Bryson should garner some decent coin though, Wolff too, though that's one I'd be letting go of quickly.

• Options

both jordan autos could be pretty big though.