Home Precious Metals
Options

Who the heck is selling millions of bullion on ebay?

I saw this listing for 1000 ounces of gold for a couple million and thought what seller would do this? The risk for fraud is so high plus all the seller fees! What the heck?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-000-Canadian-Maple-Leaf-1-Ounce-Gold-Coins-Dates-of-Our-Choice/272431144720?hash=item3f6e295f10:g:A4YAAOSwSgJXN4A~

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an attempt to get you to purchase from them at their website of the same name: certifiedcity.net

Those prices at that kind of volume are extremely high. High enough for me to not want to do business with them from their website.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    It's an attempt to get you to purchase from them at their website of the same name: certifiedcity.net

Those prices at that kind of volume are extremely high. High enough for me to not want to do business with them from their website.

Agree. Many eBay listings are nothing more that free advertising. It's easy to find the seller off of eBay and work out a deal at a lower cost.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A different kind of trolling... more related to the type one does while 'fishing' as opposed to social media. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen a lot of his auctions. He puts stuff up for many multiples of what it's worth. I guess eventually some poor, unaware buyer comes along who makes it worth it.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pass

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simply an effort to make them look credible by offering so much bullion. More than likely don't have it and won't need it at those prices.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2020 4:53AM

"As is industry practice, a 1080p video recording is made to verify contents whenever a package is sealed or opened."

• Options

Hi,
    on a side note I know that sellers in good standing get a 5 (free fees) listings once a while..
    Be safe

• Options

huh interesting hadn't considered eBay as an attempt of marketing. thanks for shedding light yall