Home Sports Talk
Options

Strange that this Forum had no NBA playoffs threads posted after midway through round 1.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crickets continue a week after the NBA Finals finished.

Your thoughts?

For me my interest in sports has cratered in 2020 (for multiple reasons) and I am focused on other things.

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 7 folks still posting here weren’t nba fans apparently. I was rooting for the Heat so my cousin could get another ring as the strength training coach, but that was my only interest with the whole bubble shebang.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never an NBA fan at all so nothing from
    Me regardless of the climate

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020 6:01AM

i consider myself an NBA aficionado, but i could not have cared less about it post-stoppage. i was watching Hawks-Vikes last Sunday night and didn't even realize game 6 was on

i ask this candidly..........outside of the LBJ homers and LA itself, does anyone give two POP TARTS that the Lakers won the NBA Bubbleship?

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was an NBA finals this year?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the NBA?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

N.B.A.=No Body's Attention.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a pretty big fan, but after Boston was out I lost rooting interest. And I just couldn't get excited for the Lebron Lakers for some reason.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no interest in the NBA.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NBA was in serious trouble between 1975-1979. Very small crowds and very low tv ratings. The Bird-Magic rivalry ignited NBA fan interest to a high level.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge ratings crash for the NBA.

Perhaps the league will learn from this as the NBA commissioner has implied.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when the NBA Finals were on tape delay and shown after the eleven o'clock News.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

what is this NBA of which you speak?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

Little known fact the NBA actually went out of business many years ago.

The games they show on TV are reruns of previously played games, with different player faces cleverly photoshopped in.

The live games at the arenas, the players are actually 3D video projections which make them look real.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

It's a political action committee that occasionally shoots some hoops.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

i ask this candidly..........outside of the LBJ homers and LA itself, does anyone give two POP TARTS that the Lakers won the NBA Bubbleship?

thank you for the edit mr. mod...............pop tarts is indeed a more constructive way of getting my point across lol

• Options

I post on and off, in about a dozen political forums. I come here to get away from that for awhile, especially during this heated political environment.

As CU and i think we all agree, sports should be about sports and only sports...the fun, the excitement, the analysis, the predictions, the smack, etc, in my view is very enjoyable and the card collecting aspect is icing on the cake. NOT any of the political crap from these prima donna athletes and pompous owners trying to ram their political viewpoints down our throats at their stadiums and arenas.

They will learn or they'll continue to suffer financially.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting to see my thread generating much more responses than I ever thought that it would :)>:)

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020 12:38PM

Long time Laker fan here (watched Jerry West play).

Witnessed multiple Laker championships.

Because of no fans, the level of excitement for this championship was a C. So it's no wonder ratings dropped.

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Not thinkin' I'll see another NBA game for years. I think that league hates me, and now I no longer care.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t know they played BB during political protests. Was it televised or censored ?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.