Home U.S. Coin Forum

Lee and Joyce Kuntz of Masterpiece Medallions

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2020 7:47AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I got curious about the maker of my 1990 PCNS medal today so I did some searches and found out it was created by Masterpiece Medallions run by Lee and Joyce Kuntz.

Did anyone here know George and Joyce? Did they do their own engraving and minting?

It's really impressive that he's the 8th person to complete the Sheldon numbered variety large cent set. How many people are there today that have accomplished this?

Post your Kuntz / Masterpiece Medallions pieces here.

Here's a biography from the NNP:

George Lee Kuntz

Date of Birth: 1925 - Oct - 14
Place of Birth: Milwaukee
Date of Death: 2016 - Feb - 19

Biography
Born in Milwaukee. Married to Joyce. Received masters degree in engineering from University of California at Los Angeles. Proprietor of Masterpiece Medallions.

The eighth person to complete a set of all Sheldon numbered varieties of early U. S. large cent. The collection was consigned to Superior for sale in 1991.

He received the Glenn Smedley Memorial Award in 2007. General Chairman for the 2009 ANA convention in Los Angeles.

1990 Pacific Coast Numismatic Society - 75th Anniversary Medal - Silver - Mintage 100

Here's a post from Bill Hyder on the ANA's website linking this medal to Masterpiece Medallions.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file