Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is COMC shipping out orders?

I have a July 4 order that hasn't shipped yet. I know there is a delay but 3 months seems long.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

I had one about two weeks ago, went out in a couple days.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

if you bought off Ebay, then they get them out quick to preserve their good standing on Ebay...if ordering directly from their website, then it is taking eons..

• Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

I put in an order on June 4th and shipped around Sept 10th

• Options

I requested the end of July and their website is showing possibly next week. So seems to run about 3 months if ordering from their site.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

I had a June 24th order ship on October 12th.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know we are in a pandemic, but 3 months seems excessive. if they can get their ebay orders out in 1 day...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

they are located in Washington state I believe.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a little shady that eBay orders go out on time. I would think they are making a higher % profit on website sales since ebay isn’t pinching their cut.

Looks like I will be sticking with sportslots going forward. Those orders ship fast

Mike
  • Options

If Comc isnt the way to go, what else do you guys recommend? I've never tried sportslots

• Options

My July 4 order that was supposed to go out Oct 5, was promised Oct 14 after I sent an email. Still not sent. I asked them to cancel the order, hopefully they will follow through on that.

I'm sticking with Sportslot from now on. COMC really hurt their on line store business if these delays continue.

Mike
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    COMC really hurt their on line store business if these delays continue.

100%. their covid delay from months ago should have easily been fixed by now. instead they are getting progressively worse. a lot of folks have lost faith and are attempting to pull out rather than risk an all out internal implosion w the possibility of never seeing their cards again. it's a very real possibility.

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

I got an email yesterday that my Aug 28 shipment request was being packaged. Still shows January delivery. Very frustrated and unhappy. If I knew that was going to be the case, I would have not accumulated that pile of cards. Every other business seems to have adapted to the current situation. As Joe B would say, "C'mon man!"

• Options

COMC helped me regain interest in completing set. I will give them that credit. It does seem there is a level of mismanagement going on. At the end of the day their website is a key part of their business, neglecting it seems odd.

Sportslots is a little more of the wild wild west but for the most part, sellers are good. I would recommend you double check all shipments for missing cards. Usually not intentional, just a mistake.

Mike
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Dreadfully slow... I just received my order a couple of days ago.
    4+ months later.

Requested 6/13/2020

Delivered 10/26/2020

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

@DavidPuddy said:
    Dreadfully slow... I just received my order a couple of days ago.
    4+ months later.

Requested 6/13/2020

Delivered 10/26/2020

plus the cards were already logged in, they don’t have near the incoming or outgoing orders to process AND they aren’t even grading them. 4+ months to just pull and ship? making psa’s turnover rate look good.

something isn’t right there. envisioning something like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYH_lCpl8w

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

economy rushed service level - shipped 9 days earlier than estimated

Date Estimated Actual
    Requested n/a 10/23/2020
    Shipped 11/9/2020 10/30/2020
    Delivered 11/13/2020 tbd

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found economy rushed the way to go as well. A couple more bucks ensures that cards are packaged and shipped in a timely manner. A lot I requested shipping on earlier this week is scheduled for arrival on Monday.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

I just pulled all my cards (due to arrive March 2021...seriously) and will not order from there again.

Thought process is, if they can’t operate their business in a manner that allows for reasonable shipping times, I have to assume they are not financially stable. 5 months to ship a single card is beyond a joke, there are obviously issues with the business.

For anyone of you that have a significant value of cards there, I would be concerned. Don’t assume you will get your cards back if they go under.

@blurryface said:

@ndleo said:

100%. their covid delay from months ago should have easily been fixed by now. instead they are getting progressively worse. a lot of folks have lost faith and are attempting to pull out rather than risk an all out internal implosion w the possibility of never seeing their cards again. it's a very real possibility.

• Options

@80sOPC said:
    This.

I just pulled all my cards (due to arrive March 2021...seriously) and will not order from there again.

Thought process is, if they can’t operate their business in a manner that allows for reasonable shipping times, I have to assume they are not financially stable. 5 months to ship a single card is beyond a joke, there are obviously issues with the business.

For anyone of you that have a significant value of cards there, I would be concerned. Don’t assume you will get your cards back if they go under.

@blurryface said:

@ndleo said:

I cancelled my July order and they did credit me back. I agree that this may not always be the case. Like I said before, their website is their business.

Mike
  • Options

does anybody have money in the comc account? i have a few bucks that i have had in there for a while. been trying to spend it ever since last friday and every time i try to make an offer or buy outright, it takes me to an "error" screen that simply displays "we are working on it" and my email address entered in a " would you like a notification when resolved" box.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    does anybody have money in the comc account? i have a few bucks that i have had in there for a while. been trying to spend it ever since last friday and every time i try to make an offer or buy outright, it takes me to an "error" screen that simply displays "we are working on it" and my email address entered in a " would you like a notification when resolved" box.

Yes, I've had about 65 sales in the past month including several this morning so I don't think it's a global issue.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@blurryface said:

Yes, I've had about 65 sales in the past month including several this morning so I don't think it's a global issue.

well i would try to give them a call, but i got things going on this week. 😉

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

So where is a good place to sell some cards? I have some cards I want to sell and I REFUSE to use eBay to do so. Should I just keep trying to on various forums?

• Options
    edited November 2, 2020 8:47AM

instagram, but if not established it might take a while to build a rapport and learn the ropes.

graded? i would go myslabs.com. upside: only 1% commission fee taken. downside: gonna take a while to get thru and set up. prolly a solid 10 days. momentum and popularity seems to be gaining sharply. they pay thru paypal so it will count towards your 200 item, $20k uncle sam criteria.

graded or raw and don't wanna wait for myslabs? consign to pcs. fast, honest and safe. they post items to ebay within two weeks of receipt and have done nothing but a spectacular job for me thus far.

other than some very high end items, i have quit listing on ebay. fee wise, it's cheaper just to let pcs do it.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

This group of posts has to be the wackiest ever. I'm assuming, it's only a matter of time before folks are going to start getting ripped off. COVID has nothing to do with this whatsoever and actually is offensive that they are hiding behind it as a reason for 4 month shipping. I'm sure people who have been affected by the illness would not think that this is cool at all. Anything over a week.......what could possibly be their reason for this BS ??

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

I've been a long time COMC member/user. I believe the current shipping problem boils down to their staffing numbers. They've been advertising that they're hiring for months.

Combine that issue with the prioritization of getting orders through Ebay shipped out first.......us regular members and our shipment requests have been backburnered big time.

• Options
    jackdjjackdj Posts: 3
    edited July 2, 2021 8:43AM

I have an order of 222 cards that I paid to have shipped on January 26th. They gave me a shipping date of April 28th.
    It's now been 5 months and no cards.
    In that time I've received six small orders (10 or fewer cards) that I paid for AFTER the large order.
    Since this company first came on the scene I doubted the business model. It's just too labor intensive to work at the prices they were charging. Now they're using the pandemic as an excuse to gouge customers for shipping.
    I've been saying for the last year that this is a ponzi scheme. I hope I get my cards before the jig is up.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

@jackdj said:
    I have an order of 222 cards that I paid to have shipped on January 26th. They gave me a shipping date of April 28th.
    It's now been 5 months and no cards.
    In that time I've received six small orders (10 or fewer cards) that I paid for AFTER the large order.
    Since the this company first came on the scene I doubted the business model. It's just too labor intensive to work at the prices they were charging. Now they're using the pandemic as an excuse to gouge customers for shipping.
    I've been saying for the last year that this is a ponzi scheme. I hope I get my cards before the jig is up.

No Ponzi scheme.....your order is pretty large and it's possibly just hung up with a lost card or two. Send an email to customer service today

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered 5 from them in mid-March and haven't seen them yet, FWIW.

• Options

i have two orders waiting to be shipped one is new and one is from february. i have contacted them twice about the old order and get a stamped answer. before february they were shipping out within 60 days - 75 days.

time for them to walk the walk, done with talk. maybe move to a state that will let you work. the west coast is still back in april 2020, just can't move forward.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont know what you guys are doing wrong. ive ordered a few times from COMC in the past few months directly from their website and all the cards in my order shipped within a week or so.

ive read so many horror stories and can't fathom what's going on but ive never seen the shipping issues everyone else has sen,

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

If they haven't sent my cards for 6 months.....I would definitely just continue to send them money. Some of you card addicts crack me up. This thread is so ridiculous. The company is basically embarrassing. They should get no business until they clean up their act which appears not going to happen.

• Options
    gorilla glue 4gorilla glue 4 Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    i have two orders waiting to be shipped one is new and one is from february. i have contacted them twice about the old order and get a stamped answer. before february they were shipping out within 60 days - 75 days.

time for them to walk the walk, done with talk. maybe move to a state that will let you work. the west coast is still back in april 2020, just can't move forward.

West Coast been fully open for awhile now homeboy. Not sure what your talking about?

How much did it sale for is one of the funniest and most ignorant things I've ever heard.

• Options

none of the restaurants were open around the staples center the other night for the suns-clippers game. maybe they just didn't want to make money. didn't look fully open then.

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    none of the restaurants were open around the staples center the other night for the suns-clippers game. maybe they just didn't want to make money. didn't look fully open then.

The government is destroying restaurants by continuing generous Covid unemployment benefits...

• Options

want to see something really funny, just take a look at their ebay feedback. how they havent been booted is beyond me.

• Options

COMC should be a Harvard Case Study on how to completely ruin a great business. COMC brought back my interest in set building and they would have me a customer for life.

I also pulled a Gold Upper Deck hockey coin and guess what? COMC is the fulfillment house! So I have a gold coin sitting there for the past six months. That has to be one of the bigger sob stories on the board.

Mike
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    want to see something really funny, just take a look at their ebay feedback. how they havent been booted is beyond me.

As bad as that feedback is I've seen worse the past few years. As long as eBay gets their cut they seemingly disregard all else.

Amazing how many folks will let a seller get past 30 days.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

COMC just sent me an email that they will be at the National. Someone should post a video of the booth to see if they actually exist.

Mike
  • Options

@ndleo said:
    COMC just sent me an email that they will be at the National. Someone should post a video of the booth to see if they actually exist.

major juevos. gotta give them that. hopefully they got their reps riot gear.

• Options

I've only used COMC 3 times in my life, but all have been since April. In each instance, the estimated shipping date they gave me ended up being spot on. I have all 3 orders in hand and never waited more than 3 weeks. At least in my case, they've been great (so far anyway.)