Home Sports Talk

Bruce Springsteen!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case anyone missed it, during the Raiders and Chiefs game on Sunday, when Derek Carr was at the line of scrimmage, he shouted out Bruce Springsteen during his audible. I remember Peyton Manning used to shout Omaha all the time. What will they think of next?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2020 5:12AM

Maybe next, companies will pay them to shout advertisements during the audible.

Derek Carr's next audible...

"Egg McMuffins at McDonald's, two for $4, limited time only, hut hut!"

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember Omaha being Manning’s favorite word, but Bruce Springsteen? Rather odd

edited October 13, 2020 5:45AM

Yes it is odd, I imagine when the defense heard it, they said "what the hell did he just say"? 😂😂😂

Maybe a little disco at the line of scrimmage.

"Ready, set, Bruce Springsteen, Egg McMuffin, hut hut!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

i heard that during the game as well. kind of strange.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Maybe next, companies will pay them to shout advertisements during the audible.

Derek Carr's next audible...

"Egg McMuffins at McDonald's, two for $4, limited time only, hut hut!"

Sadly, I can see someone trying something like that. Then the NFL will fine them and whatever product/company will get millions in free advertising because all of the sports talk shows and articles discussing it.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

did anyone watch the entire Ravens vs. Bengals game?? for an entire Baltimore series the play-by-play guy kept calling Lamar Jackson "Murray" for some reason.

@keets said:
    did anyone watch the entire Ravens vs. Bengals game?? for an entire Baltimore series the play-by-play guy kept calling Lamar Jackson "Murray" for some reason.

Yes, that was Greg Gumbel and you weren't the only one that noticed it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5965550002

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    In case anyone missed it, during the Raiders and Chiefs game on Sunday, when Derek Carr was at the line of scrimmage, he shouted out Bruce Springsteen during his audible. I remember Peyton Manning used to shout Omaha all the time. What will they think of next?

If I'm remembering right, he said "Joe Montana" right after he said Springsteen's name.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

See you in Australia Bruce.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

"Ready, set, Fleetwood Mac, Fleetwood Mac, hut! hut!"