Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submission best practice for PSA (AFLFan?)

Hello!

To the mods/AFLFan...

From PSA's perspective, would you/they rather receive five individual 20 card value submissions, where each 20 cards submission is entirely made up of cards from one set? Or would you/they prefer to receive a single 100 cards submission with cards from five different sets?

I am somewhat self interested here regarding turnaround time obviously. But also if I can submit in such a way that helps PSA's operation stay most efficient - it benefits us all if I do that, right?

thx,D

Comments

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Not sure why one would want to Pay 5 Return Shipping Charges for 100 card sub, I know I won't! But I guess if you have the money as they say..............

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm... Well, there are beneficial elements of both. It kind of depends on what types of sets your are submitting. Are they all ultra modern baseball, for example? Or an ultra modern baseball, a Pokemon, a 19th century non-sports, 1948 Leaf basketball, etc.? Ultimately I'm not sure that it matters much in the end. But however you do it, it is best to group similar types of cards together.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

solid question, op!

modern basketball.

by player or by color or no difference?

• Options

I would group things according to set, and then numerically from there.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

You've just got to figure that the more in order the cards are submitted, the quicker/easier it is to log, etc. And of course, your cards need to be submitted in the same order they are listed on the sub documents. That is a big one.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I submit 2016 Optic under the Ultra Modern Rate? I have 6 2016 Optic I want to sub and wondered if I could include it with a Ultra Modern sub even though 2016 Optic is under the $12 rate?

Mike
  • Options

i have tried throwing a few pre-17 cards on a bulk ultra and the system wouldn't let me. didn't mind paying the extra $3 for ease.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Anyone doing modern sub I can hop on? I got 7 cards that need a ride.

Mike
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2020 1:59PM

@ndleo said:
    Thanks. Anyone doing modern sub I can hop on? I got 7 cards that need a ride.

nm. brain fart.