Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

56 topps master case box

I have A 1956 Topps baseball case box.It is for the penny pack display boxes.I was wondering if anybody would what it might be worth?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

Woah! Well a photo would certainly be helpful for folks to provide you with some guesses. But for something that rare, determining a market is difficult. When something is basically a "one of" it comes down to what someone is willing to pay. Finding someone obsessed with 1956 Topps would be key.
    kevin

• Options

Thank You.I inserted A photo

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, amazing shape too. Nice find. I would think you have a 5 figure item. So rare hard to value.
    But could be 1of1 and most likely the best condition one period.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

I would probably stop letting your cat hide in it :smiley:

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

Yah.I didn't even notice my cat was even there until you mentioned it.lol

• Options
    West22West22 Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

That is incredible.

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

That really is incredible. It's difficult to judge the case box market because you don't see them often. I think something like this would do best with an auction house (REA, Heritage, SCP, Goldin, Mile High). Confident in the four-figures, but it only takes a couple people who really want it. 1956 is a very popular year, and a tough year for unopened.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never seen that before.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

I have looked from time to time over the last 10 years and have not been able to find another one

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I would think the ballpark of $1,000. I saw a 1958 box that someone on ebay was asking $900 for.

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Very cool item!

Imagine the guy rolling these on a dolly by the dozens to put these on a truck for shipment.

I would be curious to understand how candy products like this were distributed to dime, drug, and toy stores in the 1950s?

This thread makes me want to read the story of Topps & Sy Berger.

I think an auction would be the best place for such an item.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@estang said:
    Very cool item!

Imagine the guy rolling these on a dolly by the dozens to put these on a truck for shipment.

I would be curious to understand how candy products like this were distributed to dime, drug, and toy stores in the 1950s?

This thread makes me want to read the story of Topps & Sy Berger.

I think an auction would be the best place for such an item.

I worked in a small grocery store in the early 1970's and we had a "candy guy" who came in and would stock some of the shelves with candy bars, aspirin some related items and baseball cards.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2020 6:57AM

I worked a drugstore in the 80s for about a year, we got candy/cards from the distributor and did the pricing/stocking ourselves. Was nice as I could order stuff for myself at the store cost and then went and sold it in high school for profit.

That's a good looking box.

• Options

Thank You I assume most of these got incinerated after the emptied them.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Auction house is the way to go. You should email one of them for a price appraisal.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats the story behind it? How did you find it or where did it come from?
    Thanks
    Cool item

• Options

I got it at A household auction 30 years ago.The guy who owned the stuff worked for the local wholesale company.(It has their stamp on the other side)They had it full of old quilts and blankets.Nobody but me noticed the box itself

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Can you post some more pics of it ie the other five sides??

• Options

• Options

Ok.I posted the other sides and inside

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic item!

I agree you are in for a nice payday from one of the bigger auction houses is you choose.

• Options

I have been in contact with Heritage Auction house.They said they would auction it for me.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone would!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Love that Red, White and Blue Topps mailing label on the side. Very cool and congratulations.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would have thought shipping empty boxes, empty display boxes and wrappers would be expensive enough to auction at a high end auction house? Amazing and congratulations

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

I agree and. Thank You