Home Sports Talk
Options

Biggest surprises in the NFL so far?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the biggest surprises in the NFL so far?

Comments

• Options

I'm surprised how well Cam Newton is playing, I did not expect him to perform the way he is.

• Options

I'm not surprised by Patrick Mahomes, as usual he looks like Chuck Norris out there.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2020 10:53AM

The Falcons blowing not one, but two fourth quarter leads is surprising. It would appear that they still haven't gotten over their past troubles.

• Options

I'm also surprised by Russell Wilson's level of play, he also looks like Chuck Norris out there.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cam’s play after 30 teams passed and he signed for a box of Oreos. Well done BB.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Da Bears.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

"No, that's the New York Giants."

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cam putting on his best attitude and getting along with Hoodie. Josh Allen performing like an elite QB, and Gronk not doing much.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Cam’s play after 30 teams passed and he signed for a box of Oreos. Well done BB.

oh ya bill the genius :D he was going to sign the last guy whoever it was .

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually surprised the NFL made it all of the way to Week 4 before having to cancel a game because of a COVID outbreak.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2020 6:42PM

I am surprised the Dolphins are going with Fitzpatrick instead of Tua. I have to admit though, Fitzpatrick is good for a few laughs. I remember when he used to play for the Bucs, and he looked like a cheap imitation of Conor Macgregor.

• Options

conor macgregor is a cheap beardless imitation of fitzpatrick

7th string much travelled nfl journeymen are higher on the ladder than fake sports

(wheres my fancy teacup emoji ? :* )

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

7th string much travelled nfl journeymen are higher on the ladder than fake sports

And Fitzpatrick merchandise is selling like hotcakes! He even has his own coffee mug!

• Options

isn't it funny the dolphins suck almost as much as the jets but id much rather be a miami fan than a jets fan.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'm surprised how well Cam Newton is playing, I did not expect him to perform the way he is.

That’s because he’s got Covid, really. He’s out for tomorrow’s game against the Chiefs.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been a crazy year that’s for sure.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised the League has not completely shut down yet.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@bronco2078 said:

And Fitzpatrick merchandise is selling like hotcakes! He even has his own coffee mug!

If you can’t, at least you can have a good laugh.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only thing that can save the Jets, Giants season would be a Covid shutdown.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I must say, I am surprised about the Houston Texans. They pay Deshaun Watson all of that money, and they haven't won a single stinking game. They let me down yesterday on the picks contest!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I must say, I am surprised about the Houston Texans. They pay Deshaun Watson all of that money, and they haven't won a single stinking game. They let me down yesterday on the picks contest!

Well they immediately get rid of the best WR in the league right after they sign him. Completely ridiculous. Bill O’Brien needs to go

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Well they immediately get rid of the best WR in the league right after they sign him. Completely ridiculous. Bill O’Brien needs to go

The biggest bonehead move this season, getting rid of Hopkins. It's like walking into a gun fight, with no bullets!