GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your backfield is either.........

1. Jim Brown and Walter Payton

or

1. Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell. One will make you miss, the other will just run right over you.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sanders and Campbell

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brown And Payton

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Sanders and Earl

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take Jim Brown, the greatest running back of all time with anyone. You whippersnappers never saw the greatest ever play. Beside he got to make out with Raquel Welsh. It doesn’t get any better than that.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Earl was a nightmare to bring down.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020 2:19PM

Ran over pro bowler Isiah Robertson, and hall of famer Jack Youngblood is grabbing at air.

Just need #34 by himself.

Best back I've seen.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell is my all time backfield. I love that it was an option!! 👍👍

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

barry and earl for sure. thunder and lightning

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jim Brown and any poster on this forum would be a better choice.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Walter Payton could simply do it all. Brown and Payton is the easy answer. Barry and Earl were studs also.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

When Earl Campbell was in his prime, he could run though brick walls. Unfortunately over use shortened his career.

Payton and Brown were great for years as indicated by their lifetime rushing records. I admire durability. For that reason I have to go with Peyton and Brown.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Ran over pro bowler Isiah Robertson, and hall of famer Jack Youngblood is grabbing at air.

Just need #34 by himself.

Best back I've seen.

Also, I think the first Ram defender in that clip is Fred Dryer.

Steve

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2020 3:46PM

I vote for Brown and Payton.

Jim Brown was doing it when the rules against the defense were far more lenient, and protections for the ball-carrier were practically non-existent; and playing against guys like Butkus, Bednarik and Nitchke!!!

Steve

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    When Earl Campbell was in his prime, he could run though brick walls. Unfortunately over use shortened his career.

Payton and Brown were great for years as indicated by their lifetime rushing records. I admire durability. For that reason I have to go with Peyton and Brown.

I would say Sanders was plenty durable. In a 10 year career he only missed 7 games. 5 of those were in one season. he also averaged over 300 carries per year for his career. All that and he retired at age 30 after a 1500 yard season.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.