Home Autographs Forum

Ruth Bader Ginsburg SIgned Supreme Court Card

2»

Comments

• JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2021 11:16AM

@JBK said:

@JMS1223 said:

Early this year I got a handwritten note from Clarence Thomas and more recently a Gorsuch autopen on a letter. That's about it.

I attribute the Thomas handwritten note to probably working from home. The Gorsuch was a decent response in theory but of course ultimately no good.

So it’s not just me. You got just two responses (one of them fake) this whole year, out of how many letters sent?

It will be interesting to see if responses pick up once the Supreme Court building is open to the public and up and running again like normal.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have probably sent ovet a half dozen letters to the SC this year and maybe closer to 8 or 9.

A lot of them I never expect to hear back from, but I always hope one or two will catch the eye of a justice (or their staff).

I do think a couple responses for you or me might still be in the pipeline if/when things open up. The justices might well be working from home still.

I am sure they have regular contact with the office and get things delivered to them, but they might have less administrative support at home.