Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Just got word the NYINC was cancelled for 2021

Now rescheduled for January 2022

Bummer .

I was looking forward to spending the entire week
there .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhat relieved, actually. The NYINC is my major vacation for the year, so the choice not to go is out of my hands.
    I would have to take public transportation and deal with crowds; not a comfortable thing, these days.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, looks like the family is skipping our annual NYC trip next Jan.

• Options
    IosephusIosephus Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Unfortunate, but I echo harasha's thoughts.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

That statement is not on their website. How were you informed?

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    jdmernjdmern Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

email was sent to booth holders earlier today that it has been canceled

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems the most logical choice.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume that the auction is still on

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

I'm sure the Stacks and Heritage sales will be held. Not so sure what the rest will do.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be sad to miss the show, but this was completely expected.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Expected, but still disappointed. But, to be honest, it feels like the appropriate course of action. Hopefully the Summer ANA will be back on in 2021. And, with any luck, the Spring Baltimore show.

BTW, I heard that the Westchester (NY) show happened this past weekend (or is happening this coming weekend). Any word about that?

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options

@EVillageProwler said:
    BTW, I heard that the Westchester (NY) show happened this past weekend (or is happening this coming weekend). Any word about that?

EVP

CoinZip has the Westchester show (fka "White Plains") listed for this weekend, Fri & Sat... no more Sun). Who knows... he barely promotes it to the public in normal times. Would be curious to find out... would try to shoot over there if I get a chance.

I know the semi-annual Danbury show that was to be this Sunday was cancelled. Think the spring show was the last I was at before the apocalypse.

Does anyone know the status of the monthly Parsippany show?

• Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

White Plains show was a dud today. I think there were maybe 10 dealers but they did distance them. I bought a few coins, namely a 1927 red 1 mil Palestine coin and a beautiful 1911 3 mark Prussian coin.

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@superpsychmd said:
    White Plains show was a dud today. I think there were maybe 10 dealers but they did distance them. I bought a few coins, namely a 1927 red 1 mil Palestine coin and a beautiful 1911 3 mark Prussian coin.

If you walk away with something, it can't be a dud.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@superpsychmd said:

Thanks for the report. A NJ dealer who specializes in what I collect was there, meeting by appointment. I kind of wish I had gone, but I am fighting a cold and also my wife probably would not have been pleased.

Were attendees masked and social distancing where possible?

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options

Big time masking and distancing, yes. It was done well. And yes I did get a few things, just wish there was more to look at for what I collect.

• Options

Now off to the Melville coin show which reopens today. Whoyah!

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

CNG is still having a sale too, already have a number of nice ancients coming in. I haven't heard about the New York Sale yet.

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

If by New York sale you refer to Heritage, practically all lots are already posted almost three weeks ago.

@MrEureka said:

@Boosibri said:

I'm sure the Stacks and Heritage sales will be held. Not so sure what the rest will do.

And are you sure to attend or bid live at the HA sale?

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was > @SYRACUSIAN said:

If by New York sale you refer to Heritage, practically all lots are already posted almost three weeks ago.

@MrEureka said:

@Boosibri said:

And are you sure to attend or bid live at the HA sale?

I’ll view the auction in person and bid online.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

I've remarked about how to improve shows in the past and been met with crickets, but I'll say it again … let us take a note from other conventions … Many shows [of other trades and ilks] found ways to go "virtual" this year … Let the vendors who had hoped to sell their wares be featured on the website / official show YouTube channel / etcetera showing their latest and featured offerings. It's the least we can do, honestly. And it's fun to watch.

I saw a synthesizer trade show on YouTube (some of you may recall that my day job is music) that was absolutely phenomenal. A series of "live" streams that could be watched [live, or] at your convenience. Q&A with vendors, close-up shots, multiple camera angles, the kind of stuff you don't always get in person, or don't have time to appreciate because you're hurriedly trying to cover the entire bourse floor in a weekend.

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE