Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Express Service Level

Hello. I am new to PSA and earlier this week I sent 3 cards for grading at the express service level. It says that the turnaround time is 5 business days. Does that mean I will be getting these cards back within 5 business days of PSA receiving them, or do you still have to wait 9-10 weeks for them to enter the cards into processing, and then 5 business days once they have been processed? Hope that makes sense. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I believe you still have to wait a few weeks for PSA to log them in. It took about 5 weeks for my express order to get logged in. Hope that helps!

• Options
    DJJazzBassDJJazzBass Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

You probably won't wait. Processing should start within a few days of receipt. I just did one earlier this month.
    Probably about 10 days.

Hey Moose! Rocco! Help the Judge find his checkbook, will ya!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine got logged in two days. What was interesting is that they did not log the two other orders in the sub and those took the standard amount of time. My order popped in five business days so I would expect a fast turn around. In the past marking the outside of the box was critical with your service level but with their new order system perhaps it’s not going forward.

• Options

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it! I just checked my account and it now says my express order is at the "Research and ID" stage.

Dpeck100, I also submitted a bulk order with my express and it hasn't been processed yet. Was not expecting it to be, but would have been a nice surprise lol.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2020 11:51AM

did you write "EXPRESS" on the outside of your box? if you didnt, it could be a while.

if you did, you'll prolly have them back in 2 calendar weeks.

• Options

blurryface, they had a bar code that I had to tape on the side of the package (I think its a newer process). Since I posted, I got an update saying my order is in Research & ID. So hopefully that's a good sign. We shall see.

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    did you write "EXPRESS" on the outside of your box? if you didnt, it could be a while.

if you did, you'll prolly have them back in 2 calendar weeks.

This. Always, always write the service level on the outside of the box. I’ve never had an express order take more than two days to be logged. Express orders are usually back in my hands in two weeks or less.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessmclaughlin said:
    blurryface, they had a bar code that I had to tape on the side of the package (I think its a newer process). Since I posted, I got an update saying my order is in Research & ID. So hopefully that's a good sign. We shall see.

good to hear. they literally just initiated the barcode system!

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Norcal said:
    I believe you still have to wait a few weeks for PSA to log them in. It took about 5 weeks for my express order to get logged in. Hope that helps!

My current express was received last Wednesday and logged AND Went research and ID last Friday. Sunday night went to grading. Just went to step 5 today.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

all of my recent express orders have logged in about 2-3 days after delivery, and moved to research and grading in a day or two after that. grades usually pop 5-6 days thereafter.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@dictoresno said:
    all of my recent express orders have logged in about 2-3 days after delivery, and moved to research and grading in a day or two after that. grades usually pop 5-6 days thereafter.

That's great to hear. Does PSA tell you the grades before you you get your cards back?

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessmclaughlin said:

@dictoresno said:

That's great to hear. Does PSA tell you the grades before you you get your cards back?

Yes. They tell you when they ship. Actually, an hour or two before they ship. You'll get an email telling you your grades are ready, then, a couple hours later, you'll get a tracking number.

• Options

I’m refreshing like, every 5 min! LOL!

• Options

@Rofles said:
    I’m refreshing like, every 5 min! LOL!

Hahaha, I am doing the same thing! You are almost there!

Mine is now at "grading". This is going to be a really long weekend, but maybe with the backlog there's a grader in there on OT... Maybe wishful thinking lol

• Options

Mine logged one week ago today, and started grading last Sunday 7:40pm! I think they’re grading around the clock, and my order popped just a bit ago!
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1963 Topps 90 Gordy Coleman
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1971 Topps 720 Matty Alou
    Card
    MINT 9
    1976 Topps 300 Johnny Bench
    Card
    MINT 9
    1981 Topps 201 Johnny Bench
    Card
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4
    1981 Topps 638 Checklist 606-726

I’ll take these grades all day! Well, minus the 4 but the others I’m thrilled!
    What do you have in for grading?

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessmclaughlin said:

@dictoresno said:

Don't look at your grades online. Wait until you get the cards back, its a lot more fun that way.

• Options

@Rofles said:
    Mine logged one week ago today, and started grading last Sunday 7:40pm! I think they’re grading around the clock, and my order popped just a bit ago!
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    Card
    MINT 9
    Card
    MINT 9
    Card
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4

Wow!! That seems to me like fantastic grades for older cards! I sent a bunch of 80s/90s hockey cards (along with my express order) and am pretty nervous about how they'll grade. They look great to me lol

My express order is 2 Luis Robert purple refractors and 1 Luis Robert pink refractor. Pretty nervous about them as well. I'll lose my mind if one of them comes back a 10. They also looked great to me, but I am brand new to the hobby, so might be learning a hard lesson. We shall see.

• Options

@Darin said:

@jessmclaughlin said:

@dictoresno said:

Don't look at your grades online. Wait until you get the cards back, its a lot more fun that way.

I sooooo agree with you. I've watched people revealing their graded cards on Youtube (without finding out the grades first) and it is so exciting. I just don't know if I have that kind of willpower haha

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@jessmclaughlin said:

@Darin said:

@jessmclaughlin said:

@dictoresno said:

I sooooo agree with you. I've watched people revealing their graded cards on Youtube (without finding out the grades first) and it is so exciting. I just don't know if I have that kind of willpower haha

I don’t know anyone that has that kind of willpower 🤣🤣🤣

• Options

@jessmclaughlin said:

Wow!! That seems to me like fantastic grades for older cards! I sent a bunch of 80s/90s hockey cards (along with my express order) and am pretty nervous about how they'll grade. They look great to me lol

My express order is 2 Luis Robert purple refractors and 1 Luis Robert pink refractor. Pretty nervous about them as well. I'll lose my mind if one of them comes back a 10. They also looked great to me, but I am brand new to the hobby, so might be learning a hard lesson. We shall see.

Awesome! You’ll have to share when the time comes! I have a bunch of Robert base rookies I’ll prolly grade at some point; I currently have 7 Tatis rookies (one rainbow foil) 6 Alonso’s and 2 Guerrero’s in for my 15card voucher, a 37-card bulk order of my nicest ‘71’s and a quarterly special 79-card bulk (waiting to be logged still) Cards of mostly baseball and a few football ranging from 1949 bowman to 1969! My ultimate goal is to eventually build one of the nicest 1971 baseball card sets!
    Happy collecting, and welcome to the hobby!

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent a package to PSA this Tuesday express USPS mail and they received it on Wednesday afternoon. Today the logged it in and is in research and ID. Super Express order btw.
    Well done! Also had the print out bar code on the outer box. I did not write what was inside on the outside.
    A++

• Options

@Rofles said:

@jessmclaughlin said:

Awesome! You’ll have to share when the time comes! I have a bunch of Robert base rookies I’ll prolly grade at some point; I currently have 7 Tatis rookies (one rainbow foil) 6 Alonso’s and 2 Guerrero’s in for my 15card voucher, a 37-card bulk order of my nicest ‘71’s and a quarterly special 79-card bulk (waiting to be logged still) Cards of mostly baseball and a few football ranging from 1949 bowman to 1969! My ultimate goal is to eventually build one of the nicest 1971 baseball card sets!
    Happy collecting, and welcome to the hobby!

Will for sure share once I get the grades back (hopefully very soon!). That's a fantastic collection and a great goal! Thanks very much for the welcome and good luck with your pending orders :smile:

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@soxaddict said:
    I don’t know anyone that has that kind of willpower 🤣🤣🤣

Certainly not me!

Jason

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    Card
    MINT 9
    Card
    MINT 9
    Card
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4

Nice hit on the 1976 Bench. Did you sent those 5 cards in at the $75 per card service level?

• Options

@nam812 said:

Nice hit on the 1976 Bench. Did you sent those 5 cards in at the $75 per card service level?

Thanks! Yep! Logged to shipped in exactly 7 days! Yes I sent these in at the express level. I wanted to see how the process went, and the submitted cards I felt had a solid shot at a 10; the 71 Alou I was hoping for a 9 but certainly pleased with the 8! I was hoping for a 9/10 on the Gordy but that’s ok too! Regardless I couldn’t be more thrilled with the results! Hope my bulk ‘71 submission comes back just as good or better than the Alou!

• Options

It is the same card. Because I wanted to.
    I thought it had a shot at a 10. I must’ve missed something. Oh well, you win some, you lose some! Lol

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:

It is the same card. Because I wanted to.
    I thought it had a shot at a 10. I must’ve missed something. Oh well, you win some, you lose some! Lol

Because you wanted to, huh? What, you think you can just do whatever you want with your own money?

😂😂😂

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessmclaughlin said:

I did it for one of my renewal subs a few years ago and got it on video. My first time behind the camera so I was pretty timid and should have been my usual loud, obnoxious self. :D Wish I still had the first card, was bullied by a board member to sell it a while back. ;)

https://youtu.be/E8EbTuANF4Q

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

Because you wanted to, huh? What, you think you can just do whatever you want with your own money?

😂😂😂

LMAO!! lemme see what else I can express 🤔 😂

• Options
    edited September 29, 2020 2:26PM

Oh, just in case anyone was wondering, my orderr went from received/research and ID (same day) to SHIPPED, in exactly 7 days! Boom!

• Options

@maddux69 said:

@jessmclaughlin said:

I did it for one of my renewal subs a few years ago and got it on video. My first time behind the camera so I was pretty timid and should have been my usual loud, obnoxious self. :D Wish I still had the first card, was bullied by a board member to sell it a while back. ;)

https://youtu.be/E8EbTuANF4Q

That is awesome, sweet cards!!! You must have been so pumped when you got that Trout!! How much was it going for when you sold?

• Options
    jessmclaughlinjessmclaughlin Posts: 19
    edited September 29, 2020 3:38PM

@Rofles said:
    Oh, just in case anyone was wondering, my orderr went from received/research and ID (same day) to SHIPPED, in exactly 7 days! Boom!

7 days, ok I am getting pretty close to that mark. Mine entered Research & ID and Grading last Thursday... Still in Grading today. I hope they come back soon.. I find myself checking one minute, and then about thirty seconds later I am thinking to myself, "Well maybe they just finished...", and then checking again. And again. And again lol.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am now on day number 9 of my 5 day Express sub so I definitely feel your pain, @jessmclaughlin

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    I am now on day number 9 of my 5 day Express sub so I definitely feel your pain, @jessmclaughlin

Oh no, haha!! Thank you for sharing! I have a little more confidence that this is normal. I put minimum grades on my cards, so I have been paranoid that they are stuck in grading because they don't meet the minimum lol.

• Options

Hello - New to the forums have been a lurker off and on for a few years. Scrolling through looking for any current experiences with Express Service. I have a couple submissions in their dungeons - 1 that's been in Grading since Oct ( my 15 CC Vouchers arrived in August and entered in Sept ), 1 submission Modern Value 1 that has been in R&D since Jan ( Arrived in Oct, entered late last month) and sent off an Express Service that luckily arrived before the weather event shut things down on 2/17 but hasn't been entered as of yet

Any feedback on turnaround time for Express is appreciated, as far as the two submissions that are there now I'm hoping to get one of them next month or April but am also getting ready to send off another Express this weekend

Thanks in advance!

J

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess @jessmclaughlin didn't do well on the grades since we never heard back about the results.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Work your way back from the end of this thread to get recent turnaround time results: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1043831/grade-poppage-thread-through-date-estimation#latest

• Options

Thank you @LarkinCollector somewhere along the line I lost that thread you mentioned