Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bird Auto

I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to send in my Bird and have the autograph graded? Does the PSA/DNA designation hold as much value as a graded auto? I'm not sure why it wasn't graded originally.

Comments

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't deal with it. The card is a luscious oxen's buttox as it sits.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

A freakin masterpiece. Holy s...

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Is the auto graded 10 or the card? If it’s the card no way would I mess with it.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would grade the auto since the card is a 10. If that come back a 10, you’ll have some serious coin coming your way as a 10/10. Wow beauty of a card.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Tough call.... card is graded 10 so the auto graded 10 adds only margin value and a 9 or lower makes the card worth a little less than no grade. The “a” and “r” looks like it has some bleed so there’s a chance it gets an 8-9 auto grade.

If I subbed it, I would submit with the min auto grade set at a 10 so it only costs you $40 to see if it’s a 10 or not and you wouldn’t accidentally make your card less valuable. And if it does get a 10 auto you’d recoup the $40 investment to find out.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send in and go for the Double Ten. They are worth more and coveted. Your auto looks real nice and worth the try. Here are a couple of my Double Tens.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Send in and go for the Double Ten. They are worth more and coveted. Your auto looks real nice and worth the try. Here are a couple of my Double Tens.

>
    You've got some nice dollar signs there.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would leave it just as it is. there is always the chance the card could get damaged while removing from the slab or in transit.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

What are they looking for when grading the autograph? I've seen some PSA/DNA Autographs get a GEM MT 10, but there was a smudge in the autograph, or fading, or one of the lines was "crooked" or something that was a little "off" from the player's normal signature.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I would leave it just as it is. there is always the chance the card could get damaged while removing from the slab or in transit.

The odds of that are slim. I have sent in plenty with no problems. I am not saying it can't happen but they do this all the time and there is no whirlwind of problems associated with it.

• Options

POP 2 double 10's

• Options
    bruin805bruin805 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

I vote to keep as-is.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

I say keep it like it is, grading an auto is pointless imo... as long as it's authentic.