Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$1,857 & $22.59

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

10+ threads on the ride up.

how many on the way down?

on the long haul it is always on its way up or down.

will it go back up before 1-1-21? perhaps after january's big event?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of profit taking and people are probably used to the new normal. I’d imagine people here are more excited by the ride up, though.

Personally, I’m hoping it drops by several hundred more. I want to buy some nice gold cheaper. Almost all the gold I’ve bought that is closely tied to bullion was bought before the recent runup anyway.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much like stocks, PMs were very extended. Not really surprised at all. One simple man's opinion.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said before ... this PM market is not for the faint hearted.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2020 1:28PM

Options traders are pricing this presidential election as the single biggest volatility event ever.

We will see what happens that first week of November. Undoubtedly fortunes will be made and lost on all the markets, PM's included.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh oh.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    Like I said before ... this PM market is not for the faint hearted.

Or a weak stomach

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the main reason for the sell off is a stronger dollar and the possibility of no 2nd Stimulus check. i say well above 2,000 by December 31st

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned, a reflection of a stronger dollar....The situation can change rapidly, and the rest of 2020 may have a few surprises....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw on kitco where some pundit was still predicting $7K gold in a few years. I personally believe that’s nonsense.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it keeps falling. I can buy more gold and silver! I stopped buying a while ago!

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erwindoc said:
    Hope it keeps falling. I can buy more gold and silver! I stopped buying a while ago!

I think we'll see gold prices between $1000-1500 again. Then I can buy a Saint or two.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

They dig it out of the ground and refine it from rocks and dirt for about $900 and $11 per oz. The rest of the price is profitable demand from industry, speculation, and/numismatic collector premium.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold 71 ounces to my local jeweler at $28............perfect timing which is very unusual for me!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file