Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Humane grading fees...

2»

Comments

• Options
    KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

No, Bob. You keep talking about your timeline... I don’t care about the prices in June. Go reread all my posts, and you’ll have your answer.

COLLECTING: 2020 Topps 206 ⚾️

facebook.com/groups/Topps206

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2020 6:03AM

@KingBen said:
    No, Bob. You keep talking about your timeline... I don’t care about the prices in June. Go reread all my posts, and you’ll have your answer.

Nobody is talking about June, you could have still subbed Modern for $9 and Ultra Modern for $12 (in bulk for both) yesterday.

ETA: and just figured out you were referring to David, not Bob.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2020 6:26AM

@Dpeck100 said:
    I just had a sub pop yesterday for 137 cards at $9 per card submitted in June. Today the amount needed dropped to 20 from 100 but the price is $12. I have to assume your post above was an attempt at humor. This is called a price increase.

@KingBen said:

huh? you eat paint chips as a kid?

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep the discussion going if you like, but let's not let this devolve into personal attacks and name-calling.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just confused. I havent mentioned anything about a timeline or June. I have reread his posts and still don't have the answer as promised.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingBen said:

Question: when did you join the Collectors Club? Those prices for value subs have always been available, but only to members. If you're not a member you can't submit, today, for less than $50. If you were a member, yesterday, then you could have submitted certain cards for $9.

• Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I think the point some folks might be trying to make is if someone only had 25 modern cards with a DV of $99 or less per card to submit prior to today, then barring a special, the only service level available for them to submit was at the economy level at a cost of $20 per card. The total sub cost for those 25 cards would be $20 per card x 25 cards = $500. The $9 rate would not be available to them (unless they joined group sub), because the 25 cards obviously does not reach the minimum of 100 cards (or whatever it was) that it would have taken to qualify for that $9 rate. So again, I believe the only service level available for that person with 25 modern cards was economy (no minimum number of cards to submit). Today, that same person with 25 modern cards with a DV of $99 or less can submit those cards at the new $12 "value" rate for a total cost of 25 x 12 = $300. I guess you could call that a savings.

I would imagine not everyone with say only 25 cards to submit has $500 to drop on a submission, but maybe the $300 in my example makes it affordable for someone.

If I'm totally off here on understanding what people are trying to say, then I apologize in advance, but that's how I understand it.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2020 8:26PM