Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver....

jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

...seems it may give up all of its recent gains in one day...down $3/oz just in an hour after market open...already was down $3/oz from the high...yikes!!

Comments

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite the percentage smackdown, wow.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2020 8:07AM

Economy must have been fixed. :o

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

The implications are clear. They will juice the stock market like nobody's business. Pick your poison - I'll stay with PMs.

Mannarino is talking about major criminal activity by the megabanks internationally - that MIGHT result in consequences.

The election process and the Supreme Court nomination process will undoubtedly cause uncertainty & volatility in all markets.

Federal funds are apparently going to be withheld from Seattle, Portland and NYC until they decide to protect their own citizens.

Still more unemployed every week and the effects of the economic shutdown are STILL not fully felt.

We live in interesting times. Got potatoes?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

an increase in covid cases must mean no more debt issuance for stimulus money

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Just holding currently...not adding or selling. Might be adding soon though. Should only be going up based on current and anticipated future events.

• Options

Buying or selling in this market should be done only as part of an overall strategy and NOT as a result of the markets being jerked around in all directions. Follow your own money management plan and you will be just fine.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

buy Mortimer, buy> @jmski52 said:

Mannarino is talking about major criminal activity by the megabanks internationally - that MIGHT result in consequences.

If he's talking about the recent illegal release of Suspicious Activity Reports the corrupt banks have an out: they filed the required paperwork to report their suspicion of money laundering. It's up to the Justice Department to prosecute the money launderers and/or advise the banks to cut their relationship with the bad guys. The SARs reporting systems gives the banks a pass.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Markets way down, PM's crashing.... where the heck is all the money going?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited September 21, 2020 9:21AM

into dollars, won't hold. dollars will be looking for their next parking place.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the death of RBG and increased chaos its no big surprise the stock and precious metals markets are getting clobbered.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

In times of uncertainty, there's a general flight to safety from risky assets. Diversified portfolios tend to be more stable during these periods, concentrated positions are great in strong markets, scary during sudden changes to negative market sentiment. When the music stops and the lights come up, find a chair and chill.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree this is a flight into dollars. The volatility of asset prices will continue. Hang on.

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Markets way down, PM's crashing.... where the heck is all the money going?? Cheers, RickO

Stock market short covering "Stock market" if you can't sell what you want, sell what you have"

Swings are going to get bigger. the above is based on opinion and not to be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell a security, option, ETF or cache of coins.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

prices not good 🤮

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Daddy is still in control, no implosion on the Comex, just in the physical market. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the folks that came in the past three weeks buying silver like no tomorrow, called today wanting to know what is going on?

said, i told you cant go up forever. profit taking and swings are the norm.

Couple of panic sellers today, made the day profitable

• Options

I've been agonizing about whether or not to buy some more silver for the past 6 months now. I've still been buying in trickle amounts.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    I've been agonizing about whether or not to buy some more silver for the past 6 months now. I've still been buying in trickle amounts.

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.
    I wish folks could do less agonizing and more enjoying.
    Best wishes in your decisions!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

It's okay, Baley. I'm capable of agonizing over a decision while simultaneously enjoying the fruits of my agonizing.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

As my Brother would say _We're all gonna die !******

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

It's okay, Baley. I'm capable of agonizing over a decision while simultaneously enjoying the fruits of my agonizing.

That sounds like a quote from a Klingon commander! Oh, how I could have used a Klingon agonizer at times in my former career!!!

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Happy to buy back what I sold last week.

• Options

crazy crazy...price just keeps dropping...