Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

TWO RANDOM ALCOHOL TOKENS

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Green River Whiskey tokens are very common with multiple die varieties, but I have never seen the other one.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    LOCK34LOCK34 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

There is an example of the other one in an old thread that has been locked.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That first token is great..... If I saw that at a show I would definitely snap it up....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool stuff. The "Whiskey without Regrets" slogan immediately made me think of Hennigan's -- "No Smell, No Tell"

• Options

@messydesk said:
    Cool stuff. The "Whiskey without Regrets" slogan immediately made me think of Hennigan's -- "No Smell, No Tell"

That was my first thought too😁 1990s contamination😁

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice :)

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Anti-Prohibition piece shows up fairly often and usually in au-unc. The piece is also a true flipper token - beyond the Vote Wet - Vote Dry slogans there is a small Head/Tail designator. 5c beers are a good thing.

As the Capt mentioned, the Green River tokens are abundant and available as there were BU rolls still available not that long ago - I may still have a roll of 40 buried somewhere myself. What some people don't realize it that it is also listed as a magician's token (MT147) in the F. Wm. Kuethe catalog of magician tokens published by TAMS

• Options

Thank you!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whitehead-Hoag was in Newark NJ and a well known manufacturer of tons of tokens, medals, buttons, etc. Company records were destroyed by new owner. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file