Home Precious Metals
Options

Re: Deutsche Bank........................Where is derryb?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I'm doing his work for him. ;)

https://zerohedge.com/markets/deutsche-bank-gold-manipulator-spoofing-was-so-commonplace-i-figured-it-was-ok

-------> for all of you "gold manipulation doubters" out there.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

spoofing does not hold down prices over extended periods of time.

the point of spoofing is to go... hmmm i want to go long .... let me head fake the market lower by placing a large sell order just above the ask ... ok that tricked the computers into selling.... great let me buy now that it is at a lower price.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

jimski.

you get double points for including both DB and manipulation in one post.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020 2:41PM

He's busy trying to get COMEX to give him his gold. Appears they might not really have it.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    edited September 17, 2020 3:06PM

spoofing works in both directions, but best in the direction that is opposite to that driven by fundamentals. Let the fundamentals take it up, spoof it down. Wash, rinse and repeat for a good week's profit. . . until you get caught.

Safe to say that the sudden slams over the years tell us which direction provided the spoofing profits. Can't say we saw many such sudden, drastic moves to the upside. Upsides are usually orderly, driven by actual market fundamentals.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    spoofing works in both directions, but best in the direction that will make you the most money. Safe to say that the sudden slams over the years tell us where the spoofing profits were. Can't say we saw many, if any, such sudden, drastic moves to the upside

You may want to consult the charts to see, lest you are afraid?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Re: Deutsche Bank........................Where is derryb

Probably waiting for that imminent article to come forth about politicians and SAR reports. Been what, 3 weeks now? Yup. Imminent. Lol

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    edited September 17, 2020 2:41PM

"Admitting to manipulating prices doesn't mean it really happened. I didn't see him doing it."

• Options

@derryb said:
    Safe to say that the sudden slams ...

spoofing involves moving it a few ticks one way or the other to get a better fill.

why buy ford at 7.50 when you can place a large sell order at 7.55 and let the computers drive it down to 7.40 for you

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey now, don't knock my corona F shares msm

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

https://zerohedge.com/markets/deutsche-bank-gold-manipulator-spoofing-was-so-commonplace-i-figured-it-was-ok

From one Bulgarian to the next. Never a shortage of conspiracies around here. Has the system collapsed yet?, Oh, has the Comex finally imploded?, Are my beans and butter finally worth their weight in Au? lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

From one Bulgarian to the next. Never a shortage of conspiracies around here. Has the system collapsed yet?, Oh, has the Comex finally imploded?, Are my beans and butter finally worth their weight in Au? lol

You forgot: The imminent collapse of Deutsche Bank ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

so it's just these 3 guys doing it?
    and the impact is insignificant?
    and the best part, they have trained a significant amount of responses here to dutifully laugh it off as "no big deal" (not common plebs mind you, but people who hang out on PM boards all day).
    Genius!
    If you can screw em hard and the response from the people with the pants at their ankles is applause?
    Bravo sir!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can screw em hard and the response from the people with the pants at their ankles is applause?
    Bravo sir!

Right. Besides, you can't eat gold. You also can't eat paper or electrons, so where do you put your trust when a tightly knit cabal of bankers & politicians can poof "money" into existance at will, when "everyone else" has to work for it, or apply for free money in exchange for their vote?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@DrBuster said:

that's merely an example of what spoofing does. drives the price up or down for a better fill. why buy ford at 7.50 when you can spoof it down to 7.40 and get it there.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:

Yeah we just got fresh lemons in

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    "Admitting to manipulating prices doesn't mean it really happened. I didn't see him doing it."

Shills gonna shill. It's easier ignoring them and they dont clog up your feed. I really dont think it is a real, single person. None of them are sincere responses; he doesn't really feel that way, and he is gaslighting you to exhaust you.

If I was manipulating gold you better believe I'd be hiring troll farm after troll farm to gaslight people.

Bots are already pushing a "but they gave us cheap silver for 5 years. they're heroes!"

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020 6:35PM

@carew4me said:
    and the best part, they have trained a significant amount of responses here to dutifully laugh it off as "no big deal" (not common plebs mind you, but people who hang out on PM boards all day).
    Genius!
    Bravo sir!

Yep, gaslight them to exhaustion, attack their character, make the target feel inadequate or uncertain. Or, despondent like nobody listens or how there must be something fundamentally wrong with people who do x y z or think a b c.

Or say you make a typo or mistake, they will latch onto that and try to use it to tear you down. Anything to make you feel despondent or "not worth bothering over". It silences the target, and it works.

It's a classic troll, and they are a dime a dozen. I don't know why people even respond or why they buy it. But hey propaganda is that good. I'd lodge my trolls in coin and metals forums if I was fixing the price of coins and metals.

• Options
    edited September 20, 2020 12:07PM

@cohodk said:
    Re: Deutsche Bank........................Where is derryb

Probably waiting for that imminent article to come forth about politicians and SAR reports. Been what, 3 weeks now? Yup. Imminent. Lol

and the unauthorized release of secret SARs begins. Paul Manafort among the first to be ID'd.

• Options
    edited September 20, 2020 12:33PM

@carew4me said:
    Genius!
    Bravo sir!

Add four more traders and another major bullion bank to the growing list.
    Bank of Nova Scotia agrees to $60 Billion manipulation fine.

"Four metals traders employed by Scotiabank, including Corey Flaum, engaged in fraudulent and manipulative trading practices in the markets for gold, silver, platinum, and palladium futures contracts (collectively, precious metals futures contracts) that traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange Inc. (NYMEX) and Commodity Exchange Inc. (COMEX)."

• Options

criminal disgorgement ($11,828,912)

• Options

5000 ounces x $10 per ounce = $50,000.

11,828,912 / 50,000 = 237 contracts.