Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Completed a registry set and a couple of NEWPs.

TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 15, 2020 6:01PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Thanks @bidask for parting with this very nicely matched pair. Adding the 1790 Carlos IV variety completes my transitional Carlos IV PCGS Registry Set

And yes, i know it's only 3 coins :)

Here are the 2 NEWPs and yes, i will be addressing the few green spots on the reverse of the 1790 in the future.

Comments

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations.
    Please remember me if you have duplicates.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a big accomplishment! Congratulations 😊

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

@Yorkshireman said:
    Congratulations.
    Please remember me if you have duplicates.

Thanks! Will do.

@bidask said:
    That’s a big accomplishment! Congratulations 😊

Thanks man. As always - appreciate you thinking of me with those.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool mini set, congrats

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2020 7:16PM

@TwoKopeiki,

Congratulations on completing the mini set; it’s not the size but the enjoyment that matters. If it’s too big, then it just becomes a chore.

I work on mini sets all the time; it allows me to be goal oriented without the effort becoming a chore.

Earlier this year I completed a mini set of four coins and mentioned to a friend of mine who dismissively responded with a so-what remark. But I don’t care; forming that set was enjoyable to me and that is what matters.

I like your coins. Good job. Hope to see some of them in person whenever life resumes enough.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    edited September 27, 2020 6:09AM

Thanks EVP - I did enjoy assembling it, as well as working towards my broader collecting goal of finishing the 1772-1821 complete variety set. I'm about 50% done and it only took a decade :)

I also love the fact that even in that 3-coin set, 2 of those coins came from forum members - both named Dan, coincidentally!

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    Thanks EVP - I did enjoy assembling it, as well as working towards my broader collecting goal of finishing the 1772-1821 complete variety set. I'm about 50% done and it only took a decade :)

I've seen images of your coins, and I think you're making very good progress given your commitment to quality over sheer progress. You're still young enough to make much more progress before you have to consider selling to pay for colleges, weddings, etc.

I also love the fact that even in that 3-coin set, 2 of those coins came from forum members - both named Dan, coincidentally!

They both have good eyes for quality.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Crazy8sCrazy8s Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Congratulations on the completed set. It may be only 3 coins but finding those three coins in that good of condition can take years and it seems to get harder every year to find someone willing to part with the really nice ones.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

Mazel tov @TwoKopeiki

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE