Home U.S. Coin Forum

3 coins I need advices Nickel dime & quarter

Hi
First let me thank you again for your help on my previous post on the buffs witch was my first here :)
Now there a three coins I am interested in.
Please let me know what do you think about them and maybe how much you would buy them.

Henri, From the French Riviera with love

Comments

• chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure but first what attracted you to them in the first place? Why are you interested in them?

• giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭

Pricing information you can find here and elsewhwere its readily available do a google search etc!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum and 3 great coins! Esp. That 1943d Jefferson. I'm a sucker for those. Lol :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • mok13mok13 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

@chesterb said:
    Sure but first what attracted you to them in the first place? Why are you interested in them?

The two first have a nice luster and I am looking for coins with hi grade in these years. So I thought both could be ms65 or more. Third is one I don’t have yet but sellers asks 50$...

• chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) the nickel could be MS-65 but can't really tell with the pics.
    2) the dime looks to be circulated not unc. So not an MS-65
    3) the 1854 is a common date quarter. This one is damaged with marked up rims and edges. Also crud on the reverse. I wouldn't even pay half of the $50 asking price for it.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not buy graded ones? None of these coins are high dollar additions. I’d be looking at the same coins in PCGS holders.
    Just my opinion.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

1943 nickels are dime a dozen (not really) and easy to buy in 65 and under $20 on ebay already graded by PCGS. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1943-P-JEFFERSON-SILVER-WAR-NICKEL-BEAUTIFUL-PCGS-GRADED-MS65-SHIPS-FREE/274489014961?
    the dime is circulated in my opinion.
    The quarter is damaged and worth about $5 as a filler piece.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • mok13mok13 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

Thank you very much for your remarks.
    I was sceptique for these coins but it is the same seller and proposed a global offer. But as the quarter was, in my opinion as well expensive, I wanted to be sure that some slip through my fingers without being sure!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very good advice above... Buy an already slabbed nickel....also pass on the other two coins. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file