Home Q & A Forum

PCGS Gold Shield

So the description of the service indicates imaging is included with Gold Shield. However, my recently submitted order has shipped, coins are verified on PCGS website, but no images.

What am I missing?

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes there is a delay for them to upload photos. ;)

• Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @ifthevamzarockin,
    It can take several days to a week.
    I have even received coins back before the pics were available a few times.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pics don't always show up immediately.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • GSpencerGSpencer Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies. Pics finally showed up. This was only my 5th order with them and the others had pics up before they shipped. This one just took longer for the pics. Anyway, all is well. Lesson learned. :)

• seduloussedulous Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2020 9:10PM

I have a Gold Shield 1897-S PCGS XF40 Barber Quarter that never got an image. Our hosts stated I can get an image if I pay them more money and send the encapsulated coin to them for imaging. Check it out if you want... here is the PCGS# 35617836

I think they must have accidentally named "Holder Type" as "Standard"... looking at the holder image I show above, "Standard" is not a correct reference. I am hoping they might do the right thing at some point and correct it at their cost. I will respect what they eventually decide but it was an error they made and I do appreciate companies that do the right thing.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.