Home Sports Talk
Options

Deshaun Watson gets 4-year $160 million extension

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deshaun Watson has signed a 4-year $160 million extension with the Texans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/texans-qb-deshaun-watson-agrees-to-4-year-160m-extension

Comments

• Options

It's ok Dak, there there.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dak will be next I’m sure. I find it curious that they got rid of D Hop still, that was Watson’s best weapon

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Dak will be next I’m sure. I find it curious that they got rid of D Hop still, that was Watson’s best weapon

Yes, getting rid of D Hop was just stupid, he was a dangerous weapon. It's almost here Perk, football is almost here. I can taste it!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Yes, getting rid of D Hop was just stupid, he was a dangerous weapon. It's almost here Perk, football is almost here. I can taste it!

Oh man I can’t wait Brother!! 🍻🏈

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deshaun seems like a great guy from what I've seen.
    There are some great young QB's emerging in the AFC,
    and possibly another one this year if Joe Burrow does well.
    Don't follow the NFC as much but I'm thinking they don't have near the
    QB talent as the AFC.
    I guess they have Kyler Murray but not sure of the talent other than him.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

He sure looked like the 2nd highest paid NFL player last night. Cough Cough.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

This is why a waiter shouldn't be tipped at the beginning of the meal.

When i was in sales, i sure wish my boss would have paid me in advance on my sales forecast. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

When i was in sales, i sure wish my boss would have paid me in advance on my sales forecast. LOL

The real question here is how much do you tip a waiter or waitress? I never leave more than 3 dollars. Of course, I collect Joe Louis cards and I need every penny I've got for him. Joe comes first, and the waitress is just going to have to understand that!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

The real question here is how much do you tip a waiter or waitress? I never leave more than 3 dollars. Of course, I collect Joe Louis cards and I need every penny I've got for him. Joe comes first, and the waitress is just going to have to understand that!

I've always been a very generous tipper, probably more generous than most. My view is you go out to eat at a restaurant for an enjoyable dining experience, and a good part of that is the fine service, and so the waiters and waitresses deserve to be paid well for that.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

I've always been a very generous tipper, probably more generous than most. My view is you go out to eat at a restaurant for an enjoyable dining experience, and a good part of that is the fine service, and so the waiters and waitresses deserve to be paid well for that.

I wish I could be a generous tipper, but I just can't because of Joe. I'm afraid there's more bad news for the waitress's that serve me as well, because I'm starting a Buster Douglas collection, so the tips will have to go down to $2 dollars!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I over tip everyone. Karma has been very very good to me

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

I always do 20%. The way I see it is a Waitress or Waiter is not serving me because they genuinely want to, they need the money and are working for a living.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk about overpaid ... zero Super Bowl appearances ... a nice flash in the pan so far ... still waiting for some superior results.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't ask for a lot when i go out to eat. especially in the year 2020. refill my glass in a timely fashion & don't act like it's the worst day of your life and you're pretty much in like flynn. even if the food is subpar or a slight faux pas took place in the kitchen i still will not shoot the messenger. not to mention, it's borderline inevitable that he/she will get obscenely stiffed by an oxygen thief at some point during their shift. so play the role of a good samaritan and leave a few extra bucks to offset the offering from some miserable miser.

now for a little arithmetic. if you take your woman out and unload 75 clams at dinner, the difference between 15 and 20 percent is $3.75. to me personally, that's negligible for a night out. to them, it probably won't be. besides, if i keep that $3.75 i'll probably do something really dumb like get drunk and buy five psa 10 mitch trubisky rookie cards, and that's like swallowing three quarters and chewing on george washington's face three times.

perspective matters

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big money.