logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 3, 2020 2:31PM in Precious Metals

Date: 8/25/20
Offense: Robbery
Location of offense: Portland OR
Investigating Agency: Portland PD
Report number: PPB Base 20-262470

Details:
Detectives are investigating an armed robbery of Affordable Jewelry and Precious Metals East Portland, Oregon by two male suspects on 08/25/20. One suspect entered the store severely injured the manager and then buzzed in the second suspect. Both suspects appeared to be M/W, 5’10” tall. One had noticeable short brown hair the other had darker wavy hair. The suspects left with the listed coins and currency.

6 one tenth oz American Gold Eagles
1 one quarter oz Austrian Philharmonic
7 one oz South African Krugerrands
13 one oz American Gold Eagles
4 one oz Gold bars 3 Valcambi 1 Credit Suisse
one 100 gram gold Perth Mint bar
$10,000 in cash

Anyone with information contact:
Det. Todd Prosser
503-823-9320
or
Doug Davis
817-723-7231
Doug@numismaticcrimes.org

Contact NCIC for pictures, I was not able to link them.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

you can usually right click on a picture and look for "Copy Image"

then just come here and hit paste.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I've been to that shop quite a few times. Scary.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like they are taking advantage of the general situation in Portland....Thinking it will get lost among the widespread looting and unrest. Unlikely though.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looting.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get your coins and metals out of Portland, Seattle, Spokane, etc. There are a lot of people hurting other people right now. Your wealth is not safe. South of Portland is pretty shot too. I know these guys (the shop).

The protesting ("rioting" and "looting") is 4 city blocks and most always peaceful. There's no race war here that started organically with us and our brothers and sisters. Things are not out of control. It's a few isolated incidents and bad faith actors. It is not the war zone you see. I still went peacefully picking mushrooms at the height of the riots and didn't see a single robbery or whatever. It's like, a few people, and nobody here wants them here. Isolated innocents are being touted as regular everyday things and they aren't. This past week has gotten worse but again it's none of us doing this to each other.

• Options

@Meltdown said:
    Wow. I've been to that shop quite a few times. Scary.

Feel free to contact me if you get hard up on food between now and Jan. If we get rains I'll have literal buckets full of mushrooms and nothing to do with them. I am proud to support fellow Oregonians and help make sure we all rise up strong and proud out of this mess. All we got is each other so we are happy to help lift up our neighbors.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@MilesWaits said:
    So, so sad about Portland I used to visit coin shops there but now I wouldn’t even bother visiting the city.

Portland is one of the most beautiful places on planet earth, regardless of the Kool-aide a certain news outlet continues to feed you. Pretty certain that this robbery has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with other events that are "happening" there.

Signed,
    Former USMC combat serving Loser/Sucker. Semper Fi!!!

What he says is true. There is no war in Ba Sing Se. People who are not from here are taking advantage of the situation. They want us to look bad and like we are tearing each other apart. They are bad faith actors and are spilling into adjacent cities. There is nothing but love and support for progress and each other.

• Options

I have heard (from friends who live in those areas - I spent 20 years in Seattle area) that a lot of the problems being reported are due to 'imports'...Those coming in to the areas and rioting, not locals. The news lately has been telling more about this part of the problem. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I have heard (from friends who live in those areas - I spent 20 years in Seattle area) that a lot of the problems being reported are due to 'imports'...Those coming in to the areas and rioting, not locals. The news lately has been telling more about this part of the problem. Cheers, RickO

The rioting adds another layer to the myriad of problems that were already there. Homelessness, open drug use, garbage, filth - Seattle was an annual destination for years. Getting followed by a screaming panhandler for 3 blocks was the last straw. My 4 nights in a motel, meals and sports tickets may not be missed - but I imagine I am not the only one.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2020 10:59AM

@Azurescens said:

I'll have literal buckets full of mushrooms and nothing to do with them.

>
    Then why take them? Why not leave them in the forest so they (and their decendents) can do their work in breaking down forest fire fuel?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

Their job is done when they're done fruiting. Otherwise they rot and turn into fungal sugars which is really only useful to them in desperate situations. They need to regularly jump around to survive and evolve and break things down.

They are, by design, spread by mammals and other critters moving them. That's why some are food, medicine, or otherwise: to attract us and others. The fruits wouldn't exist above the surface if it were any other way. They stayed in the ground (well, water) for hundreds of millions of years, came to land, and broke through the surface when they discovered things lived above. Then, they put us all to work.

It's a fantastic service to the great conception, and significantly more than the fungus could ever do themselves. You're kinda inhibiting them and doing a disservice when you see one if you're not gonna pick it or kick it or grind it back in the soil. It's a weird way to put it I guess, but their fruits are specifically born to die.

• Options

Oh. And on a practical level, you can't give away food you don't have. So it works out really well for everyone and everything involved (we all get precisely what we want).

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Portland is slowing being hollowed out, following Seattle’s lead. Ridiculous.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Azurescens said:
    Oh. And on a practical level, you can't give away food you don't have. So it works out really well for everyone and everything involved (we all get precisely what we want).

What type of mushrooms? I'll settle for the $2 a pack mushrooms, I can't really afford the fancy ones on my budget. I would think Craigslist and meeting mushroom fans at a coffee shop would be the way to go, lots of shroomers out there. Also for health, builds immune system health.

• Options

Boletus edulis starting on the coast soon. Oysters should start right when the rains do. Areas with streams and forest cover will start popping soon. Always look for how the water is or isn't contained by the flora or landscape.

We get our chants and the big food ones for a few months. There are healthy colonies of enokitake mushrooms out here if you ever get stuck out in winter. Not many places get to enjoy healthy winter fungus like we do. Even some of the bland, uninteresting garbage species out here taste good, if you were desperate and knew what you were doing.

You guys have seen these before. Except they're normally super thin, 4-8" long and bright white. Usually hidden in salads and such. But this is what they look like in nature. This is just a small flush. But they come in beds, too, just rolling over log after log.

I never knew they grew as a shelf, also. Normally I stay away from these colors, too. Interesting fungus!!

• Options

I purchased a book on wild mushrooms when I lived in WA state.... never did get to use it...and mushroom season here in the mountains (NYS) is different. I would have to take the book with me if I do go shroom hunting. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Dave99B said:
    Portland is slowing being hollowed out, following Seattle’s lead. Ridiculous.

Dave

Unfortunately that's just America right now, my dude. Cities are overrun with homeless, crime is up, protestors, rioters, looters, counterprotesters, drug problems, and then add stuff like income inequality which just makes peoples worst prejudices come true. Take funds from things like education and here we are.

Over 52% of people under 30 in America live with their parents. You can't afford an apartment in any major city on minimum wage with a full time job. Many dont know what it is like to live on their own and that presents it's own sets of obstacles and problems.

Millennials work 50% more and earn less than 3% of what Boomers did. Things are very hard for many. Nothing is like "how it used to be". And we bailed out faceless corporations and airlines when we were trying to buy homes and start families... twice.

Objectively, people are hurting, and struggling, and the consequences of those poor decisions are playing out right now. There's literally no escaping it.

Sorry to say.. but, it's not just Seattle and Portland. Heck, uh, Hartford, St Paul, Minneapolis, Fargo, Allentown, um, all of Ohio, W VA in general, Willimantic CT.. or lol, New Haven, Bridgeport, Boston..

The last 7 or so years it's been the same story in every one of them. I saw there what I see here now and I bet things didnt get better. It is a widespread, multi-faceted issue affecting everyone not just you and your neighbor (who probably wants this all to blow over just like you).

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2020 4:58AM

Over 52% of people under 30 in America live with their parents

There are about 120 million under the age of 30 in the USA and 80 million of them are under 18. So i certainly hope they still live at home with their parents.

You say 52% under 30 live with parents so thats about 61 million. But there are 80 million under the age of 18. So what are you really saying? Where do you get your statistics?

To put another way....67% of people under age 30, are under age 18.

Also, how do you arrive at millenials income being only 3% of what boomers made?

Just in case you seek facts.....

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/essay/millennial-life-how-young-adulthood-today-compares-with-prior-generations/

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@MilesWaits said:
    So, so sad about Portland I used to visit coin shops there but now I wouldn’t even bother visiting the city.

Portland is one of the most beautiful places on planet earth, regardless of the Kool-aide a certain news outlet continues to feed you. Pretty certain that this robbery has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with other events that are "happening" there.

Signed,
    Former USMC combat serving Loser/Sucker. Semper Fi!!!

You can pee on my leg and say its raining but I don't have to believe you.
    No mouth to drink the Kool-Aid needed, just a pair of eyes to view the nightly sh*t show of leftist ideology on display.
    While I don't think the collective of looters, thugs, white anarchist and race pimps destroying Portal are behind this robbery,
    the offender's are most certainly riding thier vibe.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scotty: Please beam me back to the 1980's-1990's. Everything still ok on my cul-de-sac in Suburbia land , but I did dust off my bricks of ammo rounds. Wild fires our biggest threat right now. Stay safe everyone.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions