Home U.S. Coin Forum

Official Roosevelt Dime Thread

124»

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always Good Stuff @robec :smile:

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two Trueview Photos of the same coin.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2022 5:54PM

I try and I try. I just can’t stand that speckled look that 98% of toned Roosie’s get. And I realize I’m weird but the higher the grade the less I like the look.
    Robec’s are a good example and erwindoc’s post with the 67*. I just don’t get it. I’m helpless and let’s not forget I don’t recognize the difference between AT and NT. ( other than intent which some approve of). Hard call with intent being the only factor, I don’t know how the graders do it 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the best pictures but you get the point. I only wanted a 46 thru 64 Dansco but could only find this one, so I filled it. I never cared much about the clad stuff.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Fugio1787Fugio1787 Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

My one and only

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice revived thread with some really beautiful toners! And albums. A couple years ago I sold a complete set of white PCGS 66’s 1946-1964 to another appreciative collector. Too many pics to post here but he was thrilled as much as I was for him.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn’t give this one away so I’ve decided to keep it and send in more of the series. Currently have a 75 and a 95D in grading, but I think the 80 is gonna be the tough one.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a 1958 D dime in change yesterday. It is about F-VF in condition. Melt value today is $2.09.

I am rich!!!!!

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably more damage then anything but I like it.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file