Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1990 PRO SET HOCKEY ERRORS!

coindude88coindude88 Posts: 61

I've only talked to one or 2 people who really know that Broten isn't the only player with the rare and infamous stanley cup misprint on the reverse.......it's just the most clear on the Broten....

But I error searched yesterday through my old hockey sets and found not one but two #117 TONY GRANATO'S w/ this rare error and it's much more prevalent than the only 2 or 3 pics I could find all of online of it! How lucky is that?!?

Pretty excited and am definitely gonna sell to a hardcore error set junkie!!! ;)

I should take some pics for you guys but I'm lazy! Haha.

Comments

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Quite a few people know about (and have purchased and sold) the other “Stanley cup” imprinted cards. Granato is just one of a few others aside from Broten. Sadly, not worth much outside of one recent fluke sale.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options

@junkwaxgems said:
    Quite a few people know about (and have purchased and sold) the other “Stanley cup” imprinted cards. Granato is just one of a few others aside from Broten. Sadly, not worth much outside of one recent fluke sale.

Bummer, but really thanks for the info. Still pretty cool finds. I'm sure I can get 25ish bucks or so for them since the imprint is real solid comparatively...

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Seeing is believing. POST some scans!!!!!

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

@milbroco said:
    Seeing is believing. POST some scans!!!!!

Card 1 and Card 2.

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Maybe the only variation that is the result of physical damage to the card itself that anyone feels a need to own.

For those not in the know already, the “cup” shape is a very specific type of scratch/indentation into the surface of the card, not a printed shape/object.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems