Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Grades are In! My most recent PCGS sub results

ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 28, 2020 3:48AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

So very happy with my most recent sub with PCGS. All raw submissions. Two of them graded at expectation, Three surpassed expectations and one below expectation. I will share only the good ones here as another user has laid claim to my bag egg and I will let them post if they wish.

Raw purchase off eBay.com. Advertised as Unc and graded at MS64. My guess MS63

Raw purchase off eBay.co.uk Advertised as Superb and graded MS63. My guess MS63

Raw purchase off eBay.com. Graded MS62. My guess MS62

Raw purchase from eBay.com. Listed only as "1935 coin from ireland". Graded MS65. My guess MS64. In addition an upgrade to my prior example a measly MS64+. :D

Raw purchase off eBay.com. Advertised as AU. Graded MS62. My guess AU55.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

Comments

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Real nice group there! Beautiful coins

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice results, congrats!

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really like the George II shilling!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options

@ksammut said:
    Real nice group there! Beautiful coins

Hey thanks! Just got a few books off you by the way. The Splendid Shilling being one of them. Look forward to reading it as Shillings are my main collection focus.

@Boosibri said:
    Nice results, congrats!

Thanks!

@Yorkshireman said:

It is certainly the highlight here for my collection. The problem with getting coins like it is now I have to find other examples to match how nice it is!

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrific coins... Solid results. Congrats

Edward VII florins get tough in the MS range. Good selection for the submission.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice selection and grades - congrats!

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any Irish modern pre 1940 in 65 Is a tough coin

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman said:

It is certainly the highlight here for my collection. The problem with getting coins like it is now I have to find other examples to match how nice it is!

It should be a highlight.
    If you ever grow tired of it, Please give me a shot.
    Hope my forum moniker puta me first in line.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clio : Stunning selection of coins, and great eye to find those raw - from eBay pictures no less.

Congrats, and I'll give @Yorkshireman some bidding competition on the George 2 Shilling if you ever tire of it. :wink:

:+1:

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options

just curious... Why did you have such low expectations on the 1850 50 Groszy?

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

Wow - you have an excellent eye for raw pieces on eBay! That Groszy piece in particular is wonderful. Congrats.

• Options
    edited August 28, 2020 2:00PM

The op's shilling would perfect in any George II type set

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the results !

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

@coinkat said:
    just curious... Why did you have such low expectations on the 1850 50 Groszy?

Strike weakness on the eagles chest I assumed was wear. The reverse appears a bit dull as well. Just not enough familiarity in the series I'd guess. There's not a ton of high grade examples to compare off out there.

• Options

@worldcoinguy said:
    Wow - you have an excellent eye for raw pieces on eBay! That Groszy piece in particular is wonderful. Congrats.

It's not without it's missteps! Got a lot of good folks help me filter out tons of crap haha. Learning experience for sure.

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Well done! I always seem to get a few cleaned or damaged results when buying raw off photos. ☹️

• Options

I think it was a nice coin... When there is weakness on the high points of the design, I tend to look for lustre disruption in the fields

• Options

@FilamCoins said:
    Well done! I always seem to get a few cleaned or damaged results when buying raw off photos. ☹️

Well one of my last sub was fake! It will be posted a bit later but there's always a risk!

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

@coinkat said:
    The op's shilling would perfect in any George II type set

You don’t say ´Kat! (nice new icon btw)
    How about quitting his day job to become a full time grader? Congrats!

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    truebloodtrueblood Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

Wonderful pieces.

• Options

@SYRACUSIAN

Thanks... It's not the best 1734 Crown I own, but at least it is decent example and image courtesy of our host. I replaced the traditional martini glass with this about three to four months ago. Hope all is well out your way. Great to hear from you

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins. You have very eyes to pick such good raw coins