Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Collectors Monthly Subscription Box

So I enjoy getting monthly subscription boxes like Bespoke etc... & am considering offering a subscription box for coin collectors on my website. So I want to ask you guys (The Collector) would you be interested in a subscription box? Every month you would get new coins, supplies... Who knows? Please let me know what you guys think! What would you want to get in a box?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used to see these advertised all the time in the coin mags in the 1970s. It was a good way for retailers to get rid of inventory that wasn't otherwise moving.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be interested in it for my kids. They like getting mail, they don’t know what they want to collect, and pretty much any supplies or tools for collecting would be useful for them.
    For me, it would have to be pretty tailored, and honestly more expensive than I’d be willing to pay. I am probably on the low end of the scale in this forum, though, when it comes to disposable income.

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect there is a market for this kind of thing. Probably not the folks you are likely to find here though.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could work for a niche market.... Not for most collectors here though. I would not be interested... The YN or potential YN market may be the primary group. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

Be sure to include Tide pods... and napkins

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be fun for beginners and/or YN. Not for me though.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yes obviously the target demographic for these type of boxes are going to be beginner collectors & kids.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it would be a cool idea for YNs with sign ups at shows and online. More casual collectors who may be accumulators would probably enjoy it.

You could have two versions. One for stackers and one for general coins. Price and items tailored to purpose.

Perhaps you could target market as well. If anyone is buying bulk silver or rounds/SAEs you could offer the one type?

• Options
    mothra454mothra454 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

That's kind of a cool idea, especially for kids and YN who may not be able to easily go to a B&M shop or are wary of buying on the bay, etc. I see you have a mystery box listed for $25 on your site already. How well do they sell? Is your subscription concept basically to send one of these each month?

Successful BST transactions with: Cameonut, Rob41281

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for me, sounds like the Littleton business model.
    Might be popular with new collectors.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file