Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Where do you sell your cards?

I been using eBay and a few Facebook card groups. Has anyone in here use IG to sell cards? I been given a huge Steelers card collection to sell for the owner and like to reduce the fees I am paying. The less fess the more I make and more the owner makes.
I am just getting back into selling cards. Thanks in advance for your help.

GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

been slowly starting to use ig. was a lil hesitant again first, but sold a pretty big one there yesterday. deal couldn't of went smoother. i didn't have to worry about ebay holding payment or fees & the guy actually saved about $2k in taxes and was thrilled himself. full disclosure though, i had sold to him previously thru ebay so we did have a little history.

• CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

Great thread.... Fee-Bay with its lack of seller protection etc is killing me... always looking for alternate ways to buy/sell.

Haven't sold on IG either... considering but still feeling my way around.

@Crashingwaves said:
    Great thread.... Fee-Bay with its lack of seller protection etc is killing me... always looking for alternate ways to buy/sell.

Haven't sold on IG either... considering but still feeling my way around.

as w/ anything, start small. finding a lot of folks actually want to pay via venmo. which is crazy bc there is zero protection there that i know of.
    so if you don't have a venmo account, get one. i would never use it to pay for a card though.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use facebook or IG and have recently disavowed selling on eBay so I am strictly B/S/T on all the boards now. I like knowing who I'm dealing with and I feel like buyers are more comfortable dealing with someone who is active on all the boards than someone with just a high feedback rating. Even if they can't stand my posts, they know I'm not anonymous, I have references, and I'll always be around.

Arthur

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2020 9:21AM

My main concern about other places is the "protection" from the Buy and Sell side. Someone could buy a card with PayPal and then do a chargeback up to 6-months later. I would accept bitcoin, but would the buyer actually pay bitcoin before getting the card? Is there any sort of sportscard / memorabilia Escrow Service?

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2020 12:27PM

@ReggieCleveland said:
    I like knowing who I'm dealing with and I feel like buyers are more comfortable dealing with someone who is active on all the boards than someone with just a high feedback rating. Even if they can't stand my posts, they know I'm not anonymous, I have references, and I'll always be around.

Arthur

This.

Additionally, you can try making contacts with fellow set registry participants.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@ReggieCleveland said:
    I don't use facebook or IG and have recently disavowed selling on eBay so I am strictly B/S/T on all the boards now. I like knowing who I'm dealing with and I feel like buyers are more comfortable dealing with someone who is active on all the boards than someone with just a high feedback rating. Even if they can't stand my posts, they know I'm not anonymous, I have references, and I'll always be around.

Arthur

This.

Additionally, you can try making contacts with fellow set registry participants.

This has helped me. Depending on what tier you collect at, you can help a high tier collector offload some excess stock and get some good pieces for your collection.

B/S/T here is a good option too. Myslabs.com is mentioned a few times. I haven’t bought or sold via them, but have heard good things.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:
    My main concern about other places is the "protection" from the Buy and Sell side. Someone could buy a card with PayPal and then do a chargeback up to 6-months later. I would accept bitcoin, but would the buyer actually pay bitcoin before getting the card? Is there any sort of sportscard / memorabilia Escrow Service?

A reputable auction house would often be willing to help a customer in this situation.

Additionally, there are some escrow services online That are legitimate and run well. Someone with experience will pop in I am sure...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Myslabs has great potential but there are some serious issues there too. 1st and foremost their "notification" alert and settings don't work. Therefore sellers don't know that they've sold a card, which can result in a long delay for a card to be shipped. Been a few times I had to send a "is this shipping" email to the seller, in which the usual response is "i didn't even know i sold something".

An app would be nice too.

• soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I consign all of my cards to PWCC. It’s just easy.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have bought and sold through myslabs. all was smooth. stuff sits there for a long time though. if i want a quick buck, its ebay for now

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

IG = Instagram is my guess? Yes/no

Yes.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like blockchain is going to be good for this.

Arthur

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@soxaddict said:

How have sales been?

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2020 4:03PM

I don't sell nearly as much as I buy right now but if I had to sell tomorrow it would be on one of four FB groups I'm a part of and that's it. A couple to a few items I own maybe would go to REA Auctions.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

@tonylags said:

@soxaddict said:

How have sales been?

Premium stuff, is getting a premium price. Brady, Kobe, LeBron, 1986 Fleer Basketball are better than gold. I sold this Brady yesterday.

2000 Bowman Chrome Tom Brady PSA 9 $3650.00

Wish I had a crystal ball, lol. I sold 3, PSA 10 Brady’s for $1975, $2150, and $2200 and a PSA 9 for $770 in March. A PSA 9 1996 Topps Chrome Kobe $795 in March and another in May for $1714. And made really good coin at those prices.

There’s been some PSA 10 Brady’s go for $10k, and the Kobe’s for $4k this month. It’s crazy!

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

I sent cards to pwcc and was happy. They do all the work... prices are great and the fees were the same or less than if I sold them myself. It would have taken me for ever to list 300 different cards.. ship the etc. was a no brainer for me. My brother is big steelers fan. He might be interested. PM what you got.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Not trying to promote PWCC, but I won’t sell another item myself on eBay. I ship my cards to them and get paid on the 15th of the next month. I’ve never paid more than 16% in fees and had one month that I paid 13%. Hell, if I do it myself, it’s a job and I’ve already got one of those, lol.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is anyone using Mercari? I just helped my son set up an account on there last night and he listed some Pokemon cards with several decent offers within the first few minutes. Any other similar apps? I've seen some positive things about Reddit BST on the precious metals side, are there any subreddits for sports cards?

Or has anyone used LetGo or similar for local stuff (prior to pandemic)? I'm guessing those kind of transactions have greatly slowed or stopped.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing items on ebay is quicker than what it used to be. I can list a bunch of items pretty fast these days.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

@LarkinCollector said:
    Is anyone using Mercari? I just helped my son set up an account on there last night and he listed some Pokemon cards with several decent offers within the first few minutes. Any other similar apps? I've seen some positive things about Reddit BST on the precious metals side, are there any subreddits for sports cards?

Or has anyone used LetGo or similar for local stuff (prior to pandemic)? I'm guessing those kind of transactions have greatly slowed or stopped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseballcards/

https://www.reddit.com/r/basketballcards/

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballcards/

Tried mercari. Do not suggest it. A ton of limitations and they take about 11% when it's all said and done. Can only withdraw $500 a month.

The search on Mercari leaves something to be desired. If your search has few results they populate the results with a whole bunch of other stuff...