Home Sports Talk
Options

Favorite brand to drink with a good game?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always drink beer with my sports, it just goes so well together. As I become more sloshed, the game seems to get better. I've tried many brands over the years, but I just can't settle on one. What's your favorite brand?

Comments

• Options

Of course, this is usually how my game day ends.

• Options

Oh man, this is a beautiful sight. This is one of my favorites to go with a good football game. Just look at that golden nectar, freakin beautiful.

• Options

Yes, I must confess, I saw a Tony Gonzalez Modelo commercial one time and decided to try Modelo. I still prefer Corona.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, no virus for me, thank you.

• Options

Stay away from this stuff, it belongs in a brown paper bag!
    Try it, the man behind the counter at my local convenience store said. The puke stain on the back porch is still visible!

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Sorry but I don't know the correct spelling but........Yingling Light Lager.......but never in front of my kids when they were younger.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

@milbroco said:
    Sorry but I don't know the correct spelling but........Yingling Light Lager.......but never in front of my kids when they were younger.

Yes, I've been meaning to try Yingling, I think I might just have to pick some of that up.

• Options

Oh mama!

• Options

Yeah.

• Options

Yup. This thread is making me crave a Yingling. I am going to have one tonight after I pick up my son from his first class at Temple University.

• Options

Cheaper than some brands, but effective. A true amaerican classic.

• Options
    edited August 25, 2020 1:35PM

Uh oh, this thread is making me thirsty. Thanks a lot to whoever started this thread. Jerk.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Of course, this is usually how my game day ends.

Ya never own beer, ya only rent it.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually haven't had a beer in about 7 months.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which one of these two had too much beer to drink and which one is just dumb? :#
    Just kidding, but I always wondered why would topps use a photo like this of Brooks?
    You can't tell me that's the best picture they could have gotten. Talk about a lazy company,
    oh any old picture will do, how about this one where he looks plastered.

• Options
    edited August 25, 2020 4:02PM

@Darin, That is a horrible photo of Brooks Robinson! I can see my photos of a drunk Otis Campbell riding a cow must have reminded you of Gomer. Shazam! 😂😂😂

• Options

Well I just had that Yeungling I was craving because of this thread. Had it in the freezer for several minutes to get it nice and cold.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bud light, Budweiser or Glen Livet 18 year Scotch. I’m not a heavy drinker though

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

pepsi cola for me. its the sweet nectar of life.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are resealable so the grandkids won't spill them

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Yeah.

Otis is God.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

this beer is my jam. if a moose's drool really tasted like this i'd shove my tongue down the throat of one every chance i got.

it's getting exceedingly difficult to find here in Texas, so when i come up empty i resort to beer número Dos

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yuengling is the oldest operating brewery in America, established in 1829.

It is an excellent All-American beer.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pepsi and pizza. Gave up alcohol over 30 years ago. I never had a problem with it I just hated the hangover. It would probably take me 3 days to recover now.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Pepsi and pizza. Gave up alcohol over 30 years ago. I never had a problem with it I just hated the hangover. It would probably take me 3 days to recover now.

Same here, although the blackouts were not a good thing.

Pepsi, pizza and popcorn.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@2dueces said:

I completely forgot about the blackouts. Vodka did it to me. I woke up with some women.... well I’ll leave it to your imagination.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@2dueces said:

I completely forgot about the blackouts. Vodka did it to me. I woke up with some women.... well I’ll leave it to your imagination.

Vodka (100 proof only please) was bad, tequila was worse, 151 rum was death.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set