Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Checklist spec request

Has anyone else ever graded an entire set only to find out that not all of the cert #'s have been tied to the set?
I had to do Checklist Spec Request to add 20% of a just graded set to link a cert # to an existing slot.
Seems odd to me...and time consuming on the end user.

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

it is not uncommon even for company category sets. for example someone requests the 2008 Topps Football set. PSA gets the checklist from Topps and/or Beckett and makes the set. Cert numbers are assigned to the cards in the set but only to those that have been graded. If you have cards that were not graded at the time the set was requested you will have to go through the request process for the card to be added. PSA has a pre-set cert number for that card but it isn't active in their database until they have graded a card of that example. The set registry doesn't go back and talk to the PSA cert database unless someone specifically searches it.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the response.
    It is resolved now, except for one item. They had the list correct - 82 Topps Blackless, but since 43 of the items in the checklist are first graded items they did not automatically register.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bswhiten

I had a similar experience with the Propagandas Montiel set where a card couldn’t be added to the set until I requested it.

It was done incredibly quickly.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest