Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014-W Kennedy Half gold proof comeback

ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2014-W Kennedy half gold proof coin, once slammed as a disaster, has made a comeback of sorts, solely based on the big runup in gold prices. It contains 3/4 ounce of gold.

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why collecting gold is nice.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

Depending on when you buy it.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

@Zoins said:

Depending on when you buy it.

I still have some gold I bought at $600/oz.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2014 W Kennedy half dollar is a great coin.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not buy the gold Kennedy half... was disappointed that it was not full size.... plus the prices were crazy at the time. I have gold from the time that @Zoins references.... also, all my stacks are investment free due to some sales of Britannia's during the earlier boom....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take your profit now. Don't get greedy.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they had made the walking liberty half dollar the same size, instead of half an ounce

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely love both the Kennedy and the Walker. Now, please let them NOT do a gold Ike.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bid a little over spot on a few when spot was in the 1200s but lost out on all (sometimes was the first underbidder).
    Given the gold spot increase, those were good prices (but obviously no one could have predicted it). The fiasco at the ANA show and the high mintage will unfortunately always make this coin a bullion play.

• Options
    MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

My apologies for resurrecting a 2 year old post but just seeing these shoot up to $2150 for a 70 and $1800 for a 69 for roughly $1315 worth of gold (as of today) have we gotten past the point of this coin being tied in as bullion? Or will we see this drop if gold drops?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file