Homeβ€Ί Sports Talk
Options

Turkey burger with sports?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Food and sports go together well, and have you ever tried a turkey burger to go with your sports? I told my neighbor I like grilled hamburgers to go with my sports, and he suggested I try a turkey burger. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comments

• Options
    edited August 16, 2020 12:22PM

Yeah.

• Options
    edited August 16, 2020 12:36PM

It sounds too weird.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to tell you guys a true story about the first time I got food poisoning.

I was living in the Bronx, working as a truck driver delivering and installing antique/fine furniture. My wife was going to school and/or working at night. I got off work and picked our rugrat up from a woman in our apartment building who we paid to watch him on days my wife left home before I arrived.

Upon entering my apartment, I found a huge pot of something my wife had cooked. It was still warm. I ate all of it.

The next morning I got off of the subway on the way to work to throw up somewhere around Lexington and 59th. When I got back on the train I started to feel nauseous again.

I threw up one more time in Long Island City and then again in a bathroom at my job. One hour later, and a couple pukes lighter, I was on the train heading uptown sipping a warm can of ginger ale.

When I returned home I told my wife I would need to go to the hospital if I threw up again due to dehydration. She made me a drink that she said they make back in Brazil on such occasions and I went to sleep.....knowing I would never again mix turkey burger with anything, even sports.

• Options

@thisistheshow, sounds like a nightmare, after reading this I will never touch a turkey burger!

• Options

I threw up like that the first time I drank Jack Daniels. I drank over have a fifth on an empty stomach and it was puke city USA.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I threw up like that the first time I drank Jack Daniels. I drank over have a fifth on an empty stomach and it was puke city USA.

With food poisoning the vomiting doesn't bring the usual relief it does in other situations, and the sickness immediately comes on again.

AFAIK, I only got food poisoning twice. The next time was about six years later at a Denny's in Texas. Went there in the evening and ordered breakfast for dinner with my wife and that same rugrat. As I was backing out of my parking spot to head home, I told my wife I had food poisoning. It was that same very distinct feeling. Lots of puke ensued. She made me that same Brazilian IV smoothie, and I never ate Denny's again. I think it was the breakfast sausages. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Options

@thisistheshow, It's weird because there's a Denny's about 100 yards from where I live, and my wife and I walk up there and eat a lot. I'll never order sausage again! These food poisoning stories are scaring me straight!

• Options
    edited August 16, 2020 7:29PM

My neighbor eats a bunch of weird stuff like tofu and rice cakes. He has a carrot garden. I have a 4 pack of rice pudding in my fridge right now that he gave me. A couple of days ago he gave me 3 bananas.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    My neighbor eats a bunch of weird stuff like tofu and rice cakes. He has a carrot garden. I have a 4 pack of rice pudding in my fridge right now that he gave me. A couple of days ago he gave me 3 bananas.

Tofu and rice cakes aren't weird, imo. But make sure the rice pudding isn't spoiled... :D

• Options

I'll probably end up giving the pudding to ol' sam, the straycat that hangs around. I always give leftovers and food I don't want to ol' sam. We feed that cat all kinds of stuff, and he always eats it. He'll eat just about anything, and my goal is to fatten him up a little and put some meat on those bones!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

For years now I have limited the amount of red meat I eat to probably once or twice a month if that. I love burgers, meatloaf, nachos and whatever else you would use burger with. I substitute the burger with ground Chicken and it’s great, forget ground Turkey because it has a gamy taste to it. Ground Chicken is far better.

• Options

@thisistheshow That sounded like zero on the fun scale 😫

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, nope, nope.

• Options

Gluttons, gluttons, gluttons, gluttons, and I'm just ashamed of myself. I'm sitting here eating Dominoes pizza as I speak. A big, fat, juicy pepperoni pizza. I might have to break out my Richard Simmons sweatin' to the oldies tape to burn some of these calories later.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Gluttons, gluttons, gluttons, gluttons, and I'm just ashamed of myself. I'm sitting here eating Dominoes pizza as I speak. A big, fat, juicy pepperoni pizza. I might have to break out my Richard Simmons sweatin' to the oldies tape to burn some of these calories later.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way ... soy for me!

• Options

I'm just happy this thread was a success. I can't believe we made it to 60 views!

Happy 60th view everyone!!

• Options

We need @stevek to do a dissertation on the benefits of limiting red meat and doing more white meat like poultry πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    We need @stevek to do a dissertation on the benefits of limiting red meat and doing more white meat like poultry πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I will say to stay away, far away, from processed meats such as those lunch meats, hot dogs, etc. That chit is brutal, one of the worst foods you can eat out there. But if ya like cancer, particularly colon cancer and other digestive system cancers, then processed meat is the preferred choice.

I'd do a dissertation on it, but i can't pronounce most of the chemical additives they put in there. LOL

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

i LOVE ground turkey burgers. better than beef. they must be well done though.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2020 8:43PM

Turkey burger? For me...when I'm at the game.....it's a hot dog and a beer. Mustard and pickle pickle relish.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2020 8:50PM

Hey, this reminds me. Years ago my boyhood dream came true. I went to a game at Wrigley Field. I had a bratwurst. Never had one before. It was the BEST! Didn't know what I was missing. Oh yea, and a beer. Or two. Or three. Or.....? For some reason I can't remember THAT part. Oh well.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2020 2:34AM

@Hydrant said:
    Hey, this reminds me. Years ago my boyhood dream came true. I went to a game at Wrigley Field. I had a bratwurst. Never had one before. It was the BEST! Didn't know what I was missing. Oh yea, and a beer. Or two. Or three. Or.....? For some reason I can't remember THAT part. Oh well.

I’ve recently tried Brats, my girlfriend is good friends with a couple who love to drink and grill, the guy is infatuated with cooking Brats. They are β€œOk”. They don’t come close to being as good as Cheese & Garlic or Chinese Sausages though. Like it’s not even remotely up for discussion

• Options
  • Options

I just added peanut butter and jelly to my grocery list. And I'm not kidding.

• Options
    edited August 26, 2020 5:56AM

@doubledragon said:

So I got a very important question for you Double D. What kind of jelly? Please tell Me you don’t limit yourself to traditional grape only? I use Strawberry, Red Raspberry WITH Seeds, Blueberry, and even Apple. A Fluffernuter is an entirely different animal but I do enjoy it just as much as long as there is a tall glass of ice cold skim milk available ☝️

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

So I got a very important question for you Double D. What kind of jelly? Please tell Me you don’t limit yourself to traditional grape only? I use Strawberry, Red Raspberry WITH Seeds, Blueberry, and even Apple. A Fluffernuter is an entirely different animal but I do enjoy it just as much as long as there is a tall glass of ice cold skim milk available ☝️

It has to be strawberry, I love strawberry. And I prefer the Smuckers brand!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Double D, you have to diversify and try some of the flavors I mentioned. You won’t be disappointed!

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Double D, you have to diversify and try some of the flavors I mentioned. You won’t be disappointed!

I might just have to do that. I like the sound of apple jelly!

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Italian neighbor makes pomegranate jelly and it's the best I've ever tasted.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:

One I certainly have not tried. YET πŸ˜‰

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@AFLfan said:

One I certainly have not tried. YET πŸ˜‰

My wife and I gave it the stink eye when he first brought it over, but then we tried it and WOW!!!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

How could you stink eye pom jelly? That is some tasty stuff right there.