Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rick Tomaska stickers...

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if he actually looks at the coins that get his sticker? I can see it going either way and don’t want to research claims.
    There could be something cool and worth a few dollars to me if I got a nice cameo Franklin to go with the book of his that I own (and was given to me by my wife)...if he actually gives sticker approval, $5 premium for me. (I know I posted earlier. @KSorbo gave me a new thought)

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

RT has a business model that has been running for 35+ years now. He knows his niche area and has been the driving force behind it becoming a popular area for persons to collect in.

For those collectors who prefer to have others locate these coins and make them available for purchase with a minimum of effort, RT provides what they want. The purchase prices are high.

Other collectors prefer searching for and acquiring coins in this area in other, less expensive and more time consuming ways (including me).

If someone chooses to purchase from RT without first learning the subject matter before they spend $, they may be buried in the coin.

We all have experienced this and doing so can lead to growth and maturity in the hobby (or for some leaving and not coming back).

Education is the best defense against hobby mistakes.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really do not pay much attention to stickers (except my own, of course :D:D )....I say not much, because when evaluating a coin, if a sticker is present, it is difficult to totally ignore. Only two seem to carry much weight - weight being defined as premium - those being CAC and Eagle Eye. For me, the quality must be in the coin and according to my preferences, in order for me to purchase. The sticker is basically ignored when I buy. Coin and price must be acceptable. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file