Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Yes - a real coin show! Loveland, CO September 19-20

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

Public coin show information for those who may want to attend or take a table:

Location: Loveland, Colorado, I-25 and US 34 exit. Venue is a converted outlet mall to show venue that hosts several events a year, including gun shows. This is a new, and in my opinion. a superior location to the prior one at the Boulder County Fairgrounds.

This venue is 45 minutes from the Denver Airport and 35-40 minutes from the northern Denver burbs.

Tons of free parking, and the show will be advertised with over 600 postcards, a large visible (from I-25) electronic sign and an established dealer and public attendance.

Dates: Dealer setup and wholesale is on Friday, 12 noon to 7 pm, September 18.

Retail show open at 9:00 am on Saturday and Sunday, September 19-20.

Overnight security provided.

Tables are $100 for an 8 foot table

No food provided, but you can bring your own and there are several close-by eateries ranging from cheap fast food to Cracker Barrel and also a really good locally owned BBQ place called Nordy's. You can bring in food with no restrictions.

Masks are strictly required for dealers and public. Please comply with this so the show does not get shut down by the County.

Larimer County will allow 150 people in the venue. Dealer count is estimated at 40-60, and the 150 count will be tracked so sometimes public may have to wait outside to comply.

Currently, Larimer County is improving on the Virus statistics and is rated at "moderate" risk status.

If anyone wants table space or more info, please let me know.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will have a table there.

Another selling point for this show (unlike most other coin shows in Colorado) is that the venue has a PAVED parking lot. :)

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

Another selling point for this show (unlike most other coin shows in Colorado) is that the venue has a PAVED parking lot. :)

Awesome! Wish I could attend.

Have a great show!

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could be there. Have fun and stay safe. We would appreciate a show report including a report on PM's.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good news.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is great.... Show reports please.....Good to see shows starting to come back....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

Bump - this should be a rockin' show! Coming up quick!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome news for sure

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shoot - recently home from Fort Collins - wish the trip would have coincided with the coin show.

Have a great time! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

I hope you sell some interesting pieces!

Unfortunatelym I own't be able to make it but I love having more of your pieces in the wild :)

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2020 7:29PM

Here is a short report:

Public attendance was muted. This was probably due to the new location of the show and the current environment. Many people are still reluctant to attend any sort of public event. The venue was pretty good for a coin show - an empty section of an outlet mall that is also used for periodic gun shows. Since it was local to me, it was convenient and the cost to set up at this show was low.

I sold a number of my new products and a small amount of gold and "junk" silver. I was able to buy some coins that I needed for current over-struck products. I also bought a few interesting exonumia pieces which are posted in a different thread:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1044440/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file