Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2020 CU Fantasy Football League - Congratulations to this year's champion, Gilbey!!

cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
edited December 29, 2020 8:26AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hi guys, I took some time putting this up but so far so good for football. Therefore, it's time for our leagues to kick off for hopefully another season. I've listed below all the guys that participated last year. Please let me know if you want to participate this year by replying here and/or PM'ing me by Friday, August 28th. You should have already received your Yahoo invite for League A. If you are using a different email address than last year, please PM that to me. For League B, please touch base with Sam (aka AC000000) as soon as possible so we can update Yahoo and get the invite sent out. He posted details down below. If I don't hear from you by August 28th, we will begin to open spots up for the alternates.

League A Teams:
1. CPAMike (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid
2. artistlost - Confirmed & Paid
3. Grote15 - Confirmed & Paid
4. BigRedMachine - Confirmed & Paid
5. wrestlingcardking - Confirmed & Paid
6. kidzfund - Confirmed & Paid
7. jeffcbay - Confirmed & Paid
8. Porkins - Confirmed & Paid
9. rtimmer - Confirmed & Paid
10. sjjs28 - Confirmed & Paid
11. Francart - Confirmed & Paid
12. DoctorK - Confirmed & Paid

League B Teams:
1. AC000000 (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid
2. baz518 - Confirmed & Paid
3. BostonAmericans - Confirmed & Paid
4. CocaBeachDodgers - Confirmed & Paid
5. SidePocket - Confirmed & Paid
6. gameusedhoop - Confirmed & Paid
7. slum22 - Confirmed & Paid
8. RailsideCards - Confirmed & Paid
9. ugaskidwag - Confirmed & Paid
10. tonylags - Confirmed & Paid
11. Gilbey - Confirmed & Paid
12. wolfbear - Confirmed & Paid

Alternates for both leagues if anyone backs out:
1. rookiecardfan
2. WFFL

Payment Information
Cost will be $40 and payment needs to be sent to me (Paypal address: sleepypam@msn.com) via Paypal Friends and Family ASAP!! Please include your team name in the PP Friends and Family message with something discreet like, "Happy Birthday Mike from team name", thanks!!

Prizes will be as follows:
Overall Champion - $340
1st place (Championship Loser) - $260
2nd place (Each League) - $120
3rd place (Each League) - $60

Draft Information
Draft Type: Yahoo Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: LEAGUE A - Tuesday, September 8th at 9:30pm Eastern
Draft Time: LEAGUE B - Tuesday, September 8th at 9:00pm Eastern

Significant League Settings
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Receptions: 1 Point PPR
Trade End Date: November 21, 2020
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers: Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

WAIVER RULES
There will be weekly waivers beginning with the first games on Sunday until Tuesday. The waiver priority will be determined based on the draft order and then will be a continual rolling list. Note that any player not drafted will be a free agent until the beginning of the season in case you need to use the auto draft and are not happy with some of your selections.

PLAYOFFS
6 Team Playoff (Weeks 14, 15 and 16):
Week 14 - #3 seed vs. #6 seed and #4 seed vs. #5 seed (Top 2 seeds have a bye)
Week 15 - Week 14 winners vs. top 2 seeds
Week 16 - Week 15 winners play for the championship

MEGALEAGUE PLAYOFF
Champion between the two leagues is determined using the final Week 16 results.

PLEASE NOTE
If you have any suggestions for changes to the league rules, payout structure, etc., please post them here and we can take them up for consideration.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2020 6:38PM

Put me down as an alternate if anyone backs out.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

In like Flynn!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Of course I'm in again!

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@baz518 said:
    Of course I'm in again!

same here; lets go birds......

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I’m in, looking forward to it, as always.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

I’m in

Steve
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Im in again Mike, thanks.

Also, without looking back at last year's roster sizes, what's everything think about adding a couple bench or IR spots so inevitable COVID cases don't screw up a team?

• Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I won't be participating this year, you can give my spot to the next person in line.

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely In ....

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Absotutely!

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

Have to at least try to defend my title. I will be back of course. Sending payment to Brendan very soon.

• Options

@sportscardstop said:
    I won't be participating this year, you can give my spot to the next person in line.

Thank you for the quick response and sorry to see you leave.

PM sent to DoctorK for the invite information.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

I'm in again

• Options

I'm in.

If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options

@sportscardstop said:

if this the league A, I'd take it. I didn't know if I could both A & B

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

If you end up needing one more for League A
    and have run out of volunteers, I'd be available to take a last minute spot.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

Are you sure they are even playing this year?

• Options

@bobbyw8469 said:
    Are you sure they are even playing this year?

No one is sure it will happen unless you have a crystal ball and if I had one I wouldn’t use it to see if football will make it through the season or not, LOL. Right now it is still on and we need to move forward with preparing for fantasy football as I delayed it as long as I could. Obviously if it gets cancelled, everyone will get a refund but I want to at least give it a go.

Collecting:
  • Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

Count me in again.

• Options
    Sidepocket1Sidepocket1 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

Paid.

• Options

If for whatever reason you guys need 1 more team I’d love to join

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to another year!

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Payment sent, thanks!

• Options

I am in - hopefully not too late!! Didnt see any emails from yahoo.

Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for running again I’m in if we can draft this weekend I’m committed on labor day.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

Brandon, anything going on with the other leagues? let me know, I am in, just PM me

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

I’m in. Just noticed this post.

• Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I'm in for another contribution to the winner...

• Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

I would be interested if you need an alternate.

• Options

Call me a pessimist, but we’re down to 1 weekend before the season starts, and a holiday one at that. I think it’s gonna be a challenge finding a time where all 14 guys can get together at this point. Believe me, I hope it happens, but outlook is bleak over here anyway.

• Options
    edited August 31, 2020 2:57PM

Okay guys, here is the deal. I haven't been able to get a hold of Brendan so we will need a new commissioner for League B. I have no problem collecting the money this year for League B if necessary.

IMPORTANT If you sent payment to Brendan before I put the note not to pay for League B, please email me at sleepypam@msn.com a screen shot showing payment to Brendan's PayPal account and I will cover the $40 you are out. Hopefully we eventually get the funds back.

FOR LEAGUE A Does 11pm Eastern on Friday, September 4th work for everyone? Please let me know asap.

Collecting:
  • Options

Yes 11pm Friday works for me.

• Options

@cpamike said:
    Okay guys, here is the deal. I haven't been able to get a hold of Brendan so we will need a new commissioner for League B. I have no problem collecting the money this year for League B if necessary.

IMPORTANT If you sent payment to Brendan before I put the note not to pay for League B, please email me at sleepypam@msn.com a screen shot showing payment to Brendan's PayPal account and I will cover the $40 you are out. Hopefully we eventually get the funds back.

FOR LEAGUE A Does 11pm on Friday, September 4th work for everyone? Please let me know asap.

Sept 4 at 11 pm EST works for me. Thanks, Mike!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Mike, you’re a class act.

I have another draft at that exact time, but I believe I should be able to reschedule it. Any problems I’ll let you know, soon.

Thanks very much!

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

Works....

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options

For League A Only Let me know if Friday, September 4th, at 9:30pm Eastern works and if Tuesday, September 8th, at 9:30pm Eastern works. Whichever we can get everyone or most everyone to make we will schedule the draft for. Thanks again guys!!

Collecting:
  • Options

Both times work for me.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

I should be able to make any time work!

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't see an invite but I am willing to be in once again. Those dates would be fine with me.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

@wrestlingcardking said:
    I didn't see an invite but I am willing to be in once again. Those dates would be fine with me.

Rob, message me your email for the invite and send the $40 payment via PayPal Family & Friends to sleepypam@msn.com as soon as possible. Thanks!!

Collecting:
  • Options

I would prefer Tuesday, 9/8, at 9:30 pm, but could do either one. Thanks again, Mike!

• Options

For League B Sam aka AC000000 was volunteered to be Commissioner for this year. Please provide him with your emails for the Yahoo league invites. Also, let me know if Friday, September 4th, at 9:30pm Eastern works and if Tuesday, September 8th, at 9:30pm Eastern works. Whichever we can get everyone or most everyone to make we will schedule the draft for. Thanks again guys!!

Collecting:
  • Options

Hello All

My name is Sam Goodman. I'm a long time member of the boards, mostly as a peep, and have been a manager in the CU 'B' League since it started. I have extra time on my hands and can take over as Commissioner of our CU Boards B league, if that is acceptable to the other managers.
    First, thanks to Mike for taking care of the money for this season. If I'm not thrown out as Commissioner, and there's Fantasy Football next season, I'll have an account set up to handle the money.

As for the B League itself, I may have to re-build it - set it up from scratch, as only Brendan can renew it. So I am right now in the process of creating the league - setting the settings, etc. I am hoping I can add the history too. I'll keep everyone informed of that if I can. Please send me your emails either as a PM or directly to me: goodman0340@yahoo.com so I can send you an invitation to join the league.

I'll post an update later tonight on the progress of setting up the league. I will schedule the draft for Friday Sept. 4 at 9:30pm EST.
    I am looking forward to joining you all for another competitive season.

Sam

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I could only make the Tuesday, 9/8, at 9:30 pm draft

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

League B is a GO! League is set up to previous season settings. I was able to send invitations to managers who are continuing from last season (that I was able to recognize). I need the following teams to PM or email me to send an invite:

Boston Americans
    Side Pocket
    Tony Lags
    BigRed7 (if playing this season)

Sam - AC000000

• Options

count me in for this year, I will pay right away.

• Options

@rtimmer said:
    I could only make the Tuesday, 9/8, at 9:30 pm draft

League A and League B do not have to draft on the same day and time. I may still in the process of making sure Tuesday works for everyone.

Collecting:
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2020 2:36AM

I'm in; tuesday is best for me, but I can do friday if need be

I am 3Amigos

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

For League A: Tuesday would be best for me but can try and make anything work. Thanks!

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

PM sent with email address