Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Numismatic Assosiation

I own an online coin shop, im wondering if joining the American Numismatic Association is worth it? Anybody here a member? what are the benefits? thanks for the help!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, they have educational programs, a lending library, you get free admission to the ANA shows.....You also get the ability to submit coins to them or to NGC. Their monthly magazine, "The Numismatist" is pretty good. You get access to the magazine archives back to 1888.
    They're just all around pretty good for the hobby too !

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you willing to learn? Then join.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

The magazine is good. And you have access to affordable coin insurance.

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love checking out books from the library. I just got Hugh Woods insurance (as referenced in another post.)

Since you're a dealer, it's good to support the hobby that supports you! Also probably good to show your a member to your customers.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join up. I have been a member for 51 years.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a plus as well for credentials

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saying ANA member on your web site may help.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recommend it.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden said:
    Join up. I have been a member for 51 years.

WOW!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do it. I got my 25 year pin at the ANA show this year. Or I would have had there been a show, anyway.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get my 50 year next year (if I live that long, of course!)

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    I get my 50 year next year (if I live that long, of course!)

You can't die. You're booked, to borrow a line from George Burns.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been a member since 1980. Their monthly magazine is worth the cost of membership.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great source of numismatic knowledge. Books, articles, images, information. Do it! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very good resource for information and training. Excellent magazine. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very worthwhile membership.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

Thanks for the input, im signing up now, and i have an interview to to be added to their dealer directory

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file