Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Representative $20 Carson City Double Eagle Display Coins at the Nevada State Museum

1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 12, 2020 12:58PM in U.S. Coin Forum

On display at the Nevada State Museum in Carson City. What would you grade the selected obverse and reverse?

Comments

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s going on around star 2 and stars 10-11?

Looks ~AU to me based on pictures.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really cannot offer any reasonable guess based on those pictures....That being said, I would gladly accept the coin as a gift :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BGERRISHBGERRISH Posts: 74 ✭✭✭

XF45

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's not molested..from what I can gather from the pictures I think it would go AU53.

• Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    What’s going on around star 2 and stars 10-11?

Looks ~AU to me based on pictures.

Luster showing from the angle of the lighting, also visible on the reverse.

Some level of AU would also be my guess, but would need better lighting to be more precise than that.

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

CC Mint / NV State Museum should be #1 on bucket list for every coin collector. Highly recommended. That 75CC looks EF and would be a key stone in many a collectors collection. Did I mention I love CC Gold?

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metalmeister said:
    CC Mint / NV State Museum should be #1 on bucket list for every coin collector. Highly recommended. That 75CC looks EF and would be a key stone in many a collectors collection. Did I mention I love CC Gold?

Couldn't agree more. Even for the non-collector, the exhibits are worth a day's visit. My wife loved the museum and she has zero interest in collecting. The underground mine on the lower level is worth the trip alone. It's a 3:15 drive from my house and I plan to make it an annual outing. Virginia City is just around the bend for a step back in time to the saloons and boardwalks of the 1870's.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bodie, Ca., a ghost town, is around 2-3 hrs south of Carson City and it’s a great place to spend the afternoon when it’s warm outside.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obverse AU-53.
    Reverse AU-58 to MS-61 (the picture is inconclusive).

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obverse XF
    Reverse AU

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Carson City Mint museum is a great place to visit. I have been there twice.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    Bodie, Ca., a ghost town, is around 2-3 hrs south of Carson City and it’s a great place to spend the afternoon when it’s warm outside.

CC mint and Bodie in the same thread? Time for a picture.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@metalmeister said:

Couldn't agree more. Even for the non-collector, the exhibits are worth a day's visit. My wife loved the museum and she has zero interest in collecting. The underground mine on the lower level is worth the trip alone. It's a 3:15 drive from my house and I plan to make it an annual outing. Virginia City is just around the bend for a step back in time to the saloons and boardwalks of the 1870's.

Yes of course! CC and Virginia city on same trip. A must do.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@skier07 said:

CC mint and Bodie in the same thread? Time for a picture.

Nice addition

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file