Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Eisenhower Dollar with unknown imperfection

So I was looking at this Ike and couldn’t figure out what’s going on with this indention. Almost like acid etching but I don’t know. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options

Maybe it was just dropped and a flake chipped off. Never seen this before

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's it weigh?

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome

Consider weighing if you have scale.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FredWeinberg said:
    Chemically damaged surfaces, not an error

Agree. Damage.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was gonna chime in planchet flaw cause the Y is not affected by the weird exercise but.......Fred spoke. I defer. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting this one.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Csilife.... Welcome aboard.... I agree with Fred (expert on error - and other - coins)...Chemical damage. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file