Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Could I get some help on this Quarter please.

Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found CRH today. I know it's not worth grading. But would like the grade scale and maybe worth a couple bucks?

Comments

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all dinged up. Spend it.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2020 10:01AM

Thanks. My very next roll of quarters got this one also!

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1972-D looks like it was cut out of an original Mint Set. If I recall correctly, the 1972-D through 1974-D WQs sometimes had a hard, almost PL look to them in the Mint Sets. The sets are worth little, if anything, over face value and have been stuck in that hole for quite a while so I don't think it that unusual to see coins spent from them. Many of these were also cut out of the sets to be placed into albums. It's a great find.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB said:
    The 1972-D looks like it was cut out of an original Mint Set. If I recall correctly, the 1972-D through 1974-D WQs sometimes had a hard, almost PL look to them in the Mint Sets. The sets are worth little, if anything, over face value and have been stuck in that hole for quite a while so I don't think it that unusual to see coins spent from them. Many of these were also cut out of the sets to be placed into albums. It's a great find.

@TomB said:

Thanks for the knowledge! Just started collecting some coins about a yr ago.

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Weird, I just found a MS 1974 -D WQ that came out of a vending machine. The 2020's were in worse shape than this 46 year year old. Only keeper out of 16.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

As others have said, not really worth much over face value, but those are good finds for an album set. It will be tough to find something better in circulation.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the assessments above... good for albums, but no numismatic premiums. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file