Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Royal Mint - End of Second World War Coins and Sets

pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Got up early (CA time) to take a work call and had an email from the Royal Mint regarding their 75th anniversary WWII coins products. I ordered one of the Piedfort coins (limit - 565) and one of the sets (limit - 250). Order limit appeared to be one each per customer.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking product... however, I am just waiting for the ASE W with the privy mark. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like some of the stuff the royal mint makes, but it is just way too expensive; something like 150$ for a solver proof set (I may be off on the pricing, I haven’t checked in a while)

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checked m, I was a bit off a silver proof set cost 610£. I guess we better stop complaining how expensive the US mint is.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, definitely pricey but being a huge WWII buff, passing them up was not an option for me. They also offered these two graded versions:

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

For all the griping about the BRM at least they came out with a 400th anniversary Mayflower commemorative. The USM is only doing a medal, but our government ie the legislature is completely useless these days especially for much more pressing matters.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file