Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you think?? Gradable?

1970 Topps Basketball Posters: Inserted in series 2, folded a dozen times and of course gum was included. I have two sets of these. One set has gum stains on reverse and the other set is clean. PSA does grade these posters (30 total pop, 1 Chamberlain in PSA 6). I'm pretty sure it'll be $50 to get graded (jumbo + $20). I have the 1969 Rulers of Chamberlain and Alcindor graded and thought this might be cool for the pc.... What do you guys think? Anybody ever grade any posters? Thanks.............

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s worth it. The oversized items look great slabbed...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020 4:03PM

I graded an Alcindor and it came back a PSA 6. I was surprised as I expected it to grade lower because of the folds. I think it is a real crapshoot as far a getting a higher grade versus a lower one. I would send it in. It will look great slabbed.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    I graded an Alcindor and it came back a PSA 6. I was surprised as I expected it to grade lower because of the folds. I think it is a real crapshoot as far a getting a higher grade versus a lower one. I would send it in. It will look great slabbed.

Nice poster. I think that is Don Nelson behind Lew.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@JBrules said:

It sure looks like Don Nelson. I wonder who the guy that is about 1/2 way off the page is?

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@JBrules said:

It sure looks like Don Nelson. I wonder who the guy that is about 1/2 way off the page is?

That looks like maybe Don Chaney?

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bob Rule poster has Russell in the shot.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks. What kind of holder did you use to submit? I don't really want to use those flimsy ultra pros.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sayheywyo said:
    Thanks. What kind of holder did you use to submit? I don't really want to use those flimsy ultra pros.

There are top loaders you can buy.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

These look really nice. So awesome that the grade is secondary to these legends.

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@JBrules said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@JBrules said:

That looks like maybe Don Chaney?

Dave Cowens or Henry Finkel were the Boston centers then,