Home U.S. Coin Forum

Show me a coin commemorating Yosemites N.P.!

chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 5, 2020 2:56PM in U.S. Coin Forum

See discussion title!

Comments

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my coin, as I don’t have a photo of mine, but my label/grade is identical.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/DnMAAOSwAOxbsi8J/s-l1600.jpg

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a California state quarter (with Half Dome and John Muir) on the ground at El Cap Meadow once -
    does that count? :)

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've stayed at the Ahwanhee and fly fished the Merced, does that count? A great place to find your third eye. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have a Yosemite coin, but have been there....Beautiful park....Cheers, RickO

• JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2020 10:38AM

2005-S California state quarter, proof.
    American Numismatic Society, 2010.14.45

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

• okiegirlokiegirl Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

Here ya go....

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yosemite National Park Centennial 1990 Medal

Bronze, 38 mm, 25.96 gm
    Obverse: Redwood tree YOSEMITE
    Reverse: Half Dome rock formation YOSEMITE CENTENNIAL / ACT OF CONGRESS 1990
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings" John Muir

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

No coin, but I climbed there once in 1995. I met my old climbing partner there in June and did a route called The Nutcracker (III, 5.8)... mega classic!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an outstanding medal, TomB. What do they sell for?

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    That is an outstanding medal, TomB. What do they sell for?

I have no idea! I haven't been able to track any down for sale and the one that I own was struck before the obverse lettering was applied.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too have had the pleasure of a visit.
    Far out !
    If my memory is correct...lol.
    At the base of one of the falls, standing in awe, here is a copperhead snake coming our way.
    Does that count as a coin ?

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file