Home Precious Metals
Options

Anybody else think that maybe Gold and Silver is moving up to fast (BUBBLE) ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think I have a choice. So enjoy the ride I will.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020 6:27PM

Oh boy, this thread is heading for the bin.
    Well that is interesting, political thread response is gone.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm enjoying the ride.

• Options
    bg1856bg1856 Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

I would agree

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    I'm enjoying the ride.

Me too but I'm realistic enough to realize that the roller coaster doesn't keep going up forever. :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Jimnight said:
    I'm enjoying the ride.

Me too but I'm realistic enough to realize that the roller coaster doesn't keep going up forever. :#

I totally agree

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:

Whatever happened to the rational middle? Oh yeah, everybody hates them for "not being outraged enough!" For having "head in sand", for wearing "rose color glasses that see unicorns and rainbows " so they mostly (mostly) keep quiet

They are likely beginning to see the writing on the wall.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2020 5:02AM

uncovered a sinister plan by the U.S. government to confiscate everyday Americans’ wealth… and use COVID-19 as an excuse to cover up this cash grab

Wow, now theres a hook. Ive gotta read more.

I’m in a very remote part of Argentina. It’s an ideal bug-out location

This dude is really scared, i better listen up!!

Ok. So i read it. Didnt really outline any sinister plan. He didnt scare me.

To the point of the OP. Bubbles are formed over a matter a time--usually several years (4-7). This amount of time allows for the maximum number of people to get involved. It is only when everyone is in, the bubble pops.

While overbought, PMs are not in a bubble. In 2011 silver was in a bubble. Read the threads from 2010 to 2012 and you will see and feel the bubble form and pop. Very worthwhile reading.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Believe it or not, this time is different. Gold is only responding to what many of it's buyers are now realizing, the next currency crisis: Digital FED dollar is on it's way in and cash is on it's way out. Printing money and runaway US debt are just part of the overall dollar destruction equation.

• Options
    edited August 6, 2020 6:37AM

@blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Its only taken an addition $9,000,000,000,000 dropped in 3 months. And another $3,000,000,000,000 dropped right before an election. Lol

But you have been saying since 2008 that they have it under control. Zero Hedge disagreed with you. Guess who was right.

you can't just create wealth from a printing press

I believe you are saying that you and your RUSSIAN BOT ZH have been wrong, wrong, wrong,

Bulgarian bots actually:

Owner ABC Media Limited (Bulgaria) :joy:

Like any smart media company, registered well beyond the long arm of the censors. Actually this is what makes them more credible than your CNBC.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

everytime I check Kitco I'm expecting to see a big correction.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/rabo-everything-can-appear-hunky-doryuntil-real-money-runs-out

"Provided that we all pretend that our economies have fully healed from Covid-19 with no major structural damage, and that central-bank and government stimulus can carry on paying us 80% of salary to go on holiday as normal, and that the US will continue to always bail everyone out as needed with no questions asked, then yes, feel free to sell USD and kick it while it is down (all the way to the level before the crisis began on broad trade-weighted terms).

Just don’t’ forget what you will come screaming for as soon as we see that there is no proper recovery, that there is major structural damage, that government stimulus cannot carry on paying us 80% of salary forever, and neither can the US will continue to always bail everyone out as needed with no questions asked."

Gee whiz.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

All my local buyers have stopped buying, and My buddy in raleigh that has a shop says the same.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    All my local buyers have stopped buying, and My buddy in raleigh that has a shop says the same.

I can believe that... just too much turmoil right now. Perhaps average traditional buyer is standing off to the side to watch where the big players take this market.

I know that I am having difficulty determining at what price to buy or sell given the premiums, fast changes, etc.

----- kj
  • Options

@tincup said:

@jdimmick said:

I can believe that... just too much turmoil right now. Perhaps average traditional buyer is standing off to the side to watch where the big players take this market.

I know that I am having difficulty determining at what price to buy or sell given the premiums, fast changes, etc.

seasoned buyers tend to hold back when price runs up. it's the new buyers wanting in on the speculation that keeps demand alive.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@tincup said:

@jdimmick said:

seasoned buyers tend to hold back when price runs up. it's the new buyers wanting in on the speculation that keeps demand alive.

Totally agree, based on my ebay buyers of PM's at the current price levels. We need several weeks of consolidation and for prices to stabilize in order for the more astute buyers to return.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would AAPL and Tesla get more or less scrutiny than gold and silver in terms of valuations at current levels?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

@coinkat said:
    Would AAPL and Tesla get more or less scrutiny than gold and silver in terms of valuations at current levels?

valuations? with equities. LOL

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems that if an argument or suggestion is going to be made as to whether gold and silver have gone up too fast, it would not be unreasonable to make comparisons to other items that are traded.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm calling a top at $33 for 2020.

Nostradogert has spoken.

• Options
    edited August 6, 2020 11:28AM

@coinkat said:
    Seems that if an argument or suggestion is going to be made as to whether gold and silver have gone up too fast, it would not be unreasonable to make comparisons to other items that are traded.

not unreasonable. Except that you mentioned valuations in the same sentence with stocks. I for one do not believe valuations have been used for a long time with equities. Equities have climbed because the supply of money available to buy them has skyrocketed since 2008. If the FED were to point its bazooka at PMs gold would be $10K and silver would be $150.

Imagine going to a coin auction where the house gave all of the bidders twice the money they brought through the door with them. What do you think would happen to valuations and to prices?

• Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

@coinkat said:

Funny you should say that. I had a stock order in today to buy some AAPL. I wanted to buy somemore before their 4 for 1 split at the end of month. I put in a Limit order and the trade didn't hit. I raised the limit price twice and finally pulled the order. Everything has a maximum price. Ive learned that when i chase something it usually doesn't end well. When I take the emotion out of any investment I usually find my price.

MIKE B.

• Options

@Mike59 said:

@coinkat said:

Funny you should say that. I had a stock order in today to buy some AAPL. I wanted to buy somemore before their 4 for 1 split at the end of month. I put in a Limit order and the trade didn't hit. I raised the limit price twice and finally pulled the order. Everything has a maximum price. Ive learned that when i chase something it usually doesn't end well. When I take the emotion out of any investment I usually find my price.

Why before the split?

• Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

No real reason financially. I just enjoy the ride better.> @derryb said:

@Mike59 said:

@coinkat said:

Why before the split?

No real reason financially. I just enjoy the ride better.

MIKE B.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Imagine going to a coin auction where the house gave all of the bidders twice the money they brought through the door with them. What do you think would happen to valuations and to prices?

The ones that are rare, beautiful, and desirable by may collectors would go way higher!

The common ugly junk?
    Not so much

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    edited August 6, 2020 2:08PM

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its only taken an addition $9,000,000,000,000 dropped in 3 months. And another $3,000,000,000,000 dropped right before an election. Lol

Gee, I dunno - that seems like an awful lot of free money for nuthin'.

I think they are moving up too fast.

It would be interesting to know which large buyers are involved. I wonder which large bank has gone under and we simply haven't yet been informed.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2020 3:26PM

We need several weeks of consolidation and for prices to stabilize in order for the more astute buyers to return.

That might be awhile, even yet. Looks like a lot of panic buyers who sat on their hands too long. But, it's the big players who run the prices, and not the small fry like us. I wonder who's been buying...

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Temporary set back or the beginning of the much needed consolidation?

Silver .... 27.67 .... -1.22

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

dips are healthy for the pm market, parabolic moves up every single day only happen at the end of the bull cycle

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

well there seems to be absolutely no demand for silver on this forum at these prices....had silver priced at $27 per oz when it was $29+ yesterday/last night and only one person expressed a desire for pictures and then never responded lol...

HOWEVER, off of this forum there seems to be strong demand among collectors...

I expect it to go down to around $25 before heading to $35+ by year end. Think this is the "once in a decade" type move.

• Options

@jclovescoins said:
    well there seems to be absolutely no demand for silver on this forum at these prices....had silver priced at $27 per oz when it was $29+ yesterday/last night and only one person expressed a desire for pictures and then never responded lol...

I expect it to go down to around $25 before heading to $35+ by year end. Think this is the "once in a decade" type move.

I disagree with your assessment. 90% "US Junk" and .999 silver is and was flying of the shelves, but like coins, "dreck" is not. Unfortunately, right or wrong, sterling is considered by PM collectors mostly "dreck."

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

I purchased some silver on the BST yesterday. I'm not selling any silver but my BST for gold is attracting buyers.

The fact that silver is moving a bit sideways is encouraging. I believe once those taking profits have moved on the price will resume it's move upward. The fact that it has not crashed downward at this point tells me there is strong support at current prices.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:

Just a pause, consolidation. I don't hear J6P talking about gold, when he does then we're near the top.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

fair enough, I have far more .999 silver coins, bars, and rounds...only the 150oz sterling...but I thought at $2 per oz under spot, it would be gobbled up lol...that does tell you something about the current price for sure

• Options
    edited August 7, 2020 4:44PM

On 10/29/2010 silver closed at 23.96. Six month's later silver peaked at 48.70 on 4/28/2011. That was a 203% and $24.74 gain over six months.

Is silver currently moving up too fast (BUBBLE)?

No. It will exceed the last peak within 12 months, and move much higher.

• Options

@jclovescoins said:
    fair enough, I have far more .999 silver coins, bars, and rounds...only the 150oz sterling...but I thought at $2 per oz under spot, it would be gobbled up lol...that does tell you something about the current price for sure

I thought LukeMarshall would be all over that sterling lot for his home melting and casting project

• Options
    edited August 8, 2020 9:21AM

@derryb said:
    On 10/29/2010 silver closed at 23.96. Six month's later silver peaked at 48.70 on 4/28/2011. That was a 203% and $24.74 gain over six months.

Gains (or losses) on investments are usually expressed as the net percent gain or loss
    X%= [(end-start)/start*100)

rather than the intentionally misleading (exaggerated) way you repeatedly insist on doing by stating the gross

X%= (end/start)*100

You then compound the confusion by stating the dollar gain.

Why?

• Options

A double is a 100% gain
    A 200% gain is a triple.

You know this

• Options
    edited August 8, 2020 7:40AM

@Baley said:

@derryb said:

Gains (or losses) on investments are usually expressed as the net percent gain or loss
    X%= [(end-start)/start*100)

rather than the intentionally misleading (exaggerated) way you repeatedly insist on doing by stating the gross

X%= (end-start)*100

Gold is not an invesment, it is insurance. lol
    Multiply the first number by the percentage and presto, you get the second number.
    sustitue the word "increase" for the word "gain" if it blows your skirt up.

You then compound the confusion by stating the dollar gain.

Why?

For now, in the US, gold is priced in dollars.

• Options

At least derryb is good at tying knots. Lol

BTW--i hope Willie is right this time. 🛥🛳🚢⛵

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

doesn't seem that silver is moving up too fast now

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Unless we are daytrading this like derryb, does todays price really matter? The question isnt about the price, but rather our commitment to the investment.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bubbles do not hold silver and gold . Exuberance makes bubbles. And those who hold it (metal) long enough , can see bubbles pop. And all the while the metal will be holding its historical value ...in an upward trend. We won't see any ounces going for minus $37 a barrel.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2020 7:02PM

I dont think they're moving fast enough. I've had so much free time on my hands the last few months that I've been crawling around Ebay and watching tickers all bloody day.

I understand the difference on proprietary tickers - some companies use bid, some ask, some do voodoo chants. But what's most troubling is the times when I've seen them all in synch when it wouldn't make sense. For weeks if not months, I've been scratching my head like "what are people talking about it hit 1850? 1900? 2k?"

It turns out a majority of these crooked things do really convenient stuff, like freeze for 7 hours on a Monday morning at Friday's closing and suddenly three others are under-reporting. Meanwhile, the biggest of vaults has gone phone orders only with a minimum purchase and 90 day back log. And metals go down. A "glut" disappears, and metals move this little piss sip of scraps they threw us. Suddenly the big three are frozen midweek and nobody else noticed? REALLY??

At the end of the day, its foolish to think big money isnt manipulating this. If I was a 1%er, I'd be having my buddies fix the stuff too! All the time, but especially now. I'd have them invent and manage fake money and dreams like paper gold, because if people are foolish enough to buy into USD, well, there are people even more foolish who will buy things never knowing if they ever existed! Who knows what else is going on? People are getting away with all kinds of stuff, everywhere, with anything, because resources are too low to manage some issues. Who knows what we will learn 10 years from now?

I don't know. I dont crunch numbers, I'm not a big banking or commodities guy, but the number of obvious paid shills and massive influx of demand not being reflected, leads me to believe it's more fixed than ever. Just by the amount of articles out there now saying it sucks and wont perform. Just that and the shills/trolls should be enough of a wakeup call for all of you.

heck, eagles dont go from 25 to 55 in 48h or less with spot going down, while gold inventory starts looking thin across all categories, tonnes of fake gold discovered in China, while one of their biggest exchanges shut down all metals trading, and metals go down. No. Nope. Hahahaha.

Its gonna tumble so hard you guys wont even be fighting anymore we will all be in the Bahamas with trophy wives.