Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2020-W Salt River Quarter Has Been Found!

WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 31, 2020 3:21PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Looks like the first Salt River W has been found in Arkansas. Listed on Ebay so maybe not the first......

Comments

• Options

Second one found in Nevada!

• Options

Third one found in California!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

None found here and likely never will be..... :D Oh well, we also do not have a high crime rate, no riots, no crowded roads (even at 'rush hour')..... and wildlife often walks through.. (deer, turkey, raccoon, beaver, skunk, bear)....As far as I know (and have asked at stores and one bank), no W quarters have appeared in this area. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, trying to understand the connection there?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

Just a heads up that I have confirmed with someone that their Salt River W has been submitted and received yesterday by PCGS for the prize. They are waiting to hear if they are the first and only one or if they have to share the prize money. Unfortunately it's not ME😥

• Options

Went to my bank today and got my first box of NEW coin this year! The good news is they are Salt Rivers. Bad news is there are no W enders and the first 14 rolls had no W. The irony is not lost on me!🙄

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Been getting rolls of 2020 D Samoas here from bank this past week. No Ws. Went to a vending machine this morning to see what I can find in the wild. So far 8 out of 12 have passed the appearance stage. Will be less once under the loupe and penlight.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭

Here in Albuquerque the Salt Rivers have not arrived yet. My grandson has been hitting the laundries and car washes and cleaning out their coin changers. He has been finding Weir W's like crazy but I am not about to do that. It is wonderful to be young and full of energy instead of old and frail like me.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not looking. Good luck to those who are!

• Options

Looked through half the box...no W yet😥

• Options

The W's seem to show up when you least expect them. In change, or a vending machine seems to where everybody is finding them it seems.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

None here as of yet in N.E.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Modwriter said:
    The W's seem to show up when you least expect them. In change, or a vending machine seems to where everybody is finding them it seems.

indicates banks are opening the boxes themselves and releasing them in rolls to business customers who are circulating them. No ebay sellers with more than one available.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

The ones that get these graded in the first week of discovery may have a gold mine on their hands unless a lot more of them are discovered quickly as the clock is ticking away.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2019 W’s have not arrived in change for me yet...never mind 2020.

• Options

@derryb said:

@Modwriter said:

indicates banks are opening the boxes themselves and releasing them in rolls to business customers who are circulating them. No ebay sellers with more than one available.

Well both sellers have more than one as they list more after selling one but your point is well taken that there are not many found yet. I am holding out hope that my box has a few W. Will update later after I search the rest later today 🤞

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up 2 more Salt River boxes the other day. I have made it through 1 box and no W's.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    I picked up 2 more Salt River boxes the other day. I have made it through 1 box and no W's.

I feel your pain. You know in your head you don't have any in the box but your heart is holding on to the hope there might be one or two!😂🤣

• Options

@derryb said:

@Modwriter said:

You could be very right as I have found that the banks have seen no instructions from the fed to distribute more than 1 or 2 rolls to a single customer as of yet .

• Options

Desperate people are snapping up those rolls that contain no W's like crazy on ebay. A friend of mine has picked yup several boxes of them but is not selling them, just opening rolls and not finding any. These rolls that do contain a W or 2 were salted just to make it look like they have released them. PCGS has their first one already and the clock is ticking on the first week of discovery coins so they will be releasing the W's after next week when the pressure is off everybody trying to win the prize.
    Just my 2 cents worth but I have said from the beginning of all this that something is rotten in it all. The mint screwed everything up with this promotion , they had 2nd thoughts about this year, and I guarantee they will do something different next year.

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Desperate people are snapping up those rolls that contain no W's like crazy on ebay. A friend of mine has picked yup several boxes of them but is not selling them, just opening rolls and not finding any. These rolls that do contain a W or 2 were salted just to make it look like they have released them. PCGS has their first one already and the clock is ticking on the first week of discovery coins so they will be releasing the W's after next week when the pressure is off everybody trying to win the prize.
    Just my 2 cents worth but I have said from the beginning of all this that something is rotten in it all. The mint screwed everything up with this promotion , they had 2nd thoughts about this year, and I guarantee they will do something different next year.

Respect your thoughts but have to disagree with your theory. I believe the Mint released the Salt River W quarters last week like Coin World reported. There is no way the Mint could have predicted the effects of COVID-19. I for one think they are doing the best they can under these trying circumstances.

• Options

If you believe that I have a water wonderland to sell you in the Mohave desert to sell real cheap. They released a few mixed in with many boxes that contain no W's like the box I had in early July. Next week you will see the release of however many they feel like releasing. Conspiracy theory? Maybe, but they are just trying to cover up their A$$ for their mistake in doing this again this year. This is my opinion but everbody is entitled to their own. We are like sheep being led to the slaughter my friend. At least you were smart enough to purchase some of these coins and get them off to PCGs and you will reap a huge reward in doing so unless PCGS extends the first week deadline.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    At least you were smart enough to purchase some of these coins and get them off to PCGs and you will >reap a huge reward in doing so unless PCGS extends the first week deadline.

ya, the pops are going to be very interesting for the various designations for the rest of the W quarter program this year.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

“you will reap a huge reward”

Tommyrusty7.... I need one for my registry set, but could care less if I buy a first week or an early find coin. Pcgs does not reward added points for first week over early find coins as far as I know. Time will tell, but I am not sold on the added huge rewards for first week over early find coins. For that matter, a simple blue label coin will suffice just fine for my registry sets.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

As you know I am not interested in graded coins but others put great value in having the first week of discovery coins and when the first week designation goes away with only a few coins graded as such the price of them will climb. I sold all my grated coins couple of years ago but do know how people relate to these things. They love PCGS over NGC and ANACS and always pay more for them.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSFreddie said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:

I feel your pain. You know in your head you don't have any in the box but your heart is holding on to the hope there might be one or two!😂🤣

Keep in mind that the Salt River quarters were released back in June, but the W quarters were only added at the end of July - So many Salt River rolls will not have any W's...

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020 4:59PM

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Where are you getting full boxes these days? With the coin shortage my bank(s) will barely give me two rolls at a time... Makes this search very difficult (for me anyway...)

• Options

I have 4 different banks & CU's that I have accounts at.
    Most tell me no coins but sometimes I get lucky. :)

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you seen the Ebay prices on these? 170 0r so...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't buy into the conspriracy theories. The mint makes these coins for circulation. We already knew the Salt River Ws did not make it into the normal boxes. Things are a bit chaotic at the moment in case some people haven't noticed. ;)

• Options
    edited August 3, 2020 2:25AM

@tommyrusty7 said:
    PCGS has their first one already and the clock is ticking on the first week of discovery coins so they will be releasing the W's after next week when the pressure is off everybody trying to win the prize.

as of this moment PCGS does not have it's first Salt River and the clock is not yet ticking

The mint actually intended for the W's to enter circulation individually through the banks and not in bulk quantity via $500 boxes. Current distribution of the W's only screwed the roll hunters and flippers. This is the last year of the NP quarter series with the exception of one in Jan. 2021, the Tuskagee Airmen. The mint is yet to announce if there will be a W version in 2021.

• Options

Did anyone see The King's Ransom (TKR) video? He found 40 W'S in two boxes.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any advice for getting boxes right now? Being told on repeat there’s a shortage and 1/5 roll limit for individual/business.

Feel free to PM me.

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Any advice for getting boxes right now? Being told on repeat there’s a shortage and 1/5 roll limit for individual/business.

Feel free to PM me.

If you're lucky, your drive thru commercial lane will exchange a sealed box for an open box. Hard to find a seller of sealed boxes. Worst case, buy bank rolls at the drive-thru.

• Options

Made it through the second box...... no W's :/

At least I have 2 boxes to try and exchange with a bank to get more. :)

• Options

Good luck! The Fed has arranged it so only certain areas get the W quarters and only in certain amounts for now. The banks are tired of the extra fees that they have encountered having to get the extra boxes of quarters they have had to purchase because of the popularity of the W's. We will see how this plays out as the weeks go on. It still appears to me that somebody has their fingers in the pie.

• Options

No W in my Salt River box either. I now have a box of old coin and Salt Rivers make up the most of them...at least 80% but odds are slim they have any W. I will post results by end of day🤞

• Options

I have stopped looking for them.
    What stupid idea will the mint come up wit next/
    They are the ones that have created this whole fiasco!

• Options

Hey everyone! PCGS just told me I have to change my name so I will now be known as WQuarterFreddie

• Options

Impersonating a moderator......you're lucky they didn't ban you. :D

Trouble Maker!!!! :D

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in... :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been quarter searching and have found a few of these, no W's, just P's here.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Hey everyone! PCGS just told me I have to change my name so I will now be known as WQuarterFreddie

tyvm. i was wondering what in the world i was missing from a coupe days ago.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

Just picked up 3 more boxes of solid date Salt River. :)

Hope they are better than the last ones. :/

• Options

They won't give me more than a roll here now so am not bothering with them.

• Options

It's official! PCGS just announced Salt River W quarter has been found and have started the countdown clocks!

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Just picked up 3 more boxes of solid date Salt River. :)

Hope they are better than the last ones. :/

If your banks just got them in then you stand a good chance of finding some. Good luck and I will buy some if you find any so please PM me!

• Options

I am hearing that there are 2 winners. Congratulations to both of them whoever you are!

• Options

Prices are dropping like a rock on these now. Won't be long before they are in the $10 range.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file